PDA

View Full Version : BBL and fjo

articSS
October 4th, 2008, 03:18 AM
i cant seem to find anything on bbl and fjo. how do i set up to display afr on my v2 using my fjo wb. do i need a specian cable or am setting it up wrong? a little help guys. thx

TAQuickness
October 4th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Have you read this (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8858) already?

mr.prick
October 4th, 2008, 05:13 AM
you need to configure the options.ini file for the PIDs you want.
location of the file:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Config.

"-", WO2AFR1
"-", WO2LAM1
"-", WO2ST1
"-", BEN1

articSS
October 8th, 2008, 04:50 AM
im still confused. do i need a serial cable for the fjo unit to display afr on the v2 or am i just setting up the files wrong? sorry i took so long to respond been busy at work.

articSS
October 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
location of the file:

"-", WO2AFR1
"-", WO2LAM1
"-", WO2ST1
"-", BEN1

im sorry but how do i do this?

joecar
October 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
You need a serial cable.

You need to edit those into the Options.ini file (located under C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1).

articSS
October 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
where would the cable plug into the fjo unit? and how do i edit. anybody sell a pre-made cable? any way you could give me some over the phone help?

joecar
October 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure... does your FJO have a means of serial output...?

joecar
October 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
See post #9: showthread.php?t=7502&highlight=FJO+serial (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7502&highlight=FJO+serial)

articSS
October 8th, 2008, 11:57 AM
thx. i sill dont understand how to edit the folder

Blacky
October 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The FJO serial wide band protocol is supported on FlashScan. Make sure you have the latest firmware. A new firmware version (V2.06.01) will be available soon. It contains some small display fix-ups that may affect the serial data display.

Page 15 of the FJO Installation and User Manual shows a wiring diagram.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
October 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
thx. i sill dont understand how to edit the folder

it`s the file that`s in the folder you need to alter,
then download it to the V2, then configure the V2 for the WBO2 you are using.
here is mine for an example.

mr.prick
October 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM
A new firmware version (V2.06.01) will be available soon.

Regards
Paul

when? :secret:

joecar
October 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
ArticSS,

You will have to wait for firmware 2.06.01 (soon).

You will need a cable, and instructions on how to connect your FJO to your FlashScan V2...

And you will need to update the bootblock/firmware in your V2...

Read thru this thread for more info (follow all the links): showthread.php?t=8794 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8794)

Cheers
Joe

Blacky
October 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
when? :secret:

Its being packaging into the installer this weekend so it is scheduled to be available by Monday - but things can go wrong so don't make any plans base don it being ready by Monday.

P.S. This is the release that was due about 4 weeks ago - there's been some problems that have taken a few weeks to fix, but it is good to go now.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
October 9th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Its being packaging into the installer this weekend so it is scheduled to be available by Monday - but things can go wrong so don't make any plans base don it being ready by Monday.

P.S. This is the release that was due about 4 weeks ago - there's been some problems that have taken a few weeks to fix, but it is good to go now.

Regards
Paul

Sounds like a big update with a change in the major revision. Any clues to what's getting updated? :secret:

articSS
October 9th, 2008, 02:56 AM
thanks for everyones help so far i will wait for the update and try to make my cable to set it up.

Blacky
October 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a big update with a change in the major revision. Any clues to what's getting updated? :secret:

Mostly new calibrations and new operating system support for model year 2008/2009 - Ross has been very busy. A number of bug fixes and some new features.
There's a new bootblock for FlashScan that supports (almost) automatic firmware updates. A new installer that delivers updates more easily. When it is released check out the New Features.rtf document that comes with it.

And our new web site should be going live this weekend as well - we'll all be pretty busy getting everything delivered without melting down our servers.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Sweet! Im looking forward to this new website, instant license keys is going to be great for weekend tuners!

Cant wait, too bad I have so much homework and a bunch of projects due next week I probably wont have a sec to look at it until the end of next week.

Blacky
October 9th, 2008, 03:25 PM
instant license keys is going to be great for weekend tuners!

Its not really "instant". It will take about 10-20 minutes for a license turn around. But still better than 24 hours. And no more lost emails as the license details will be available in the online store account.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Its not really "instant". It will take about 10-20 minutes for a license turn around. But still better than 24 hours. And no more lost emails as the license details will be available in the online store account.

Regards
Paul

Well, thats way better than 24 hours. Thats something you can order then go talk with the customer about what they want and then start right as you get the license...or start tuning then flash when you get it.

Im pumped!

joecar
October 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM
location of the file:

"-", WO2AFR1
"-", WO2LAM1
"-", WO2ST1
"-", BEN1You can add these to each pid list, or you can enable the external serial pids in the V2 options.

articSS
October 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
which file in the folder is it ? it tells me i cannot open the files without the progam that created them? i dont understand how to add or open the files in that folder. its has things like LS1A and LS1B as file names?

mr.prick
October 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM
open EFILive_Explorer.exe> config files tab
then navigate to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Config.
you copy/move all of these files to the V2.

in the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Config. there is the options .ini file
that is the file to edit before you move it to the V2.

you can do as Joecar suggested to show the WBO2 data but if you want to log
you own define PID selection with BBL you will need to change the options.ini

joecar
October 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
The analog AFR is not yet displayable on V2 BBL...

The serial AFR will be displayable with the next release of V2 firmware 2.06.01 (I am told)...
you will need a serial comms cable for connecting the FJO to V2.