PDA

View Full Version : V1 questions

Frozen WS6
October 4th, 2008, 07:05 AM
First I own a 98 gmc pickup and an 01 trans am ws6. I recently purchased the V1. This morning I was going to try and do some tuning on my truck and it said I needed the V2 adapter cable. When I tried to read the pcm. I updated the V1 to the 7.5 update. Which is where I was trying to tune from (the 7.5 icon).

Do I need to get the V2 upgrade now???
Just to tune my two cars or am I missing something.

Second I was looking to enter the vin for the truck to start tuning and I can't find in the help or tutorials where is states how to do that. I may have missed that also when I read the 109 pages in the help section. This is my first experiance with my own efilive so I'm still trying to figure things out.

ScarabEpic22
October 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Sorry man, you need to buy a FlashScan V2 to tune your 98 GMC. The 98-00 Vortec PCMs are not supported using a V1, have to have a V2.

Frozen WS6
October 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks. That kinda sucks. Now I'm debating about selling this v1 to fund a new v2 instead of doing the v2 upgrade. Adding the upgrade to the price of my v1 I got off ls1tech will be more then the complete new v2.

GMPX
October 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your issue there, unfortunately it is clearly shown on our supported vehicles page that V1 does not support the Vortec PCM.
http://www.efilive.com/supvehicle.aspx

Cheers,
Ross

Frozen WS6
October 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks. I never saw that list. I thought I did all my research. I wasn't origianally going to tune on the truck. But ever since the local gm deal put in the new long block and went into the pcm. They said they lowered the idle. Which has caused real bad surging on a 70 deg day when I come to a stop. When I put it into neutral and the rpms come up it stops. Thats when I decided to try to raise the idle back up. Looks like there's a v1 for sale. I'm glad I bought it used and atleast I can still tune my bird.