PDA

View Full Version : Guess no flashscan for X-mas

87gmc
November 23rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
Well guys i guess it not coming till next year. I hope this is the last delay :cry:

emarkay
November 23rd, 2004, 04:23 AM
It will be - or my name's not gonna be in the manual!

Of course, could it be because my name IS in the manual????

Believe me it WILL be worth the wait!!!!

MRK
(emarkay)

87gmc
November 23rd, 2004, 04:29 AM
I'm not complaining by any means and trust me I know it will be worth the wait thats why im waiting. I'm just like a kid waiting for his new toy to come in. :D

joecar
November 23rd, 2004, 05:18 AM
This shows that the people at EFILive are quality conscious and want to do it right.

Well worth the wait, good job guys.

(Do you really have to tune your car right away that you can't live without those extra 30 ponies... You'd be spending your Christmas with your car instead of your family... )
:wink:

mistermike
November 23rd, 2004, 05:46 AM
From a long time user of software that wasn't quite ready for prime time, I'm happy for the thoroughness. Hopefully no patches, hotfixes, or worse.

cured5.7
November 23rd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Not till 2005!!! :shock:
I feel like a deflated baloon.

I really dont want to complain, but I feel that this whole release could have been handled better, Instead of feeding us little bits of information and keeping us hanging, you could have just notified us of a late 2004 - early 2005 release.

The reason I say this is I first inquired about Flashscan in November 2003 and was told that it was going to be released in March of this year, and then again in late October now we have been told early 2005.

I do realise that a project of this magnitude doesnt happen over night and to produce a quality product you have to put in alot of time and effort, which i'd say is the case.

I hope this doesnt stirr the pot but I had to get it off my chest... :cry:

Mark

joecar
November 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
Come on mate, we all need a bit of "mystery" in our lives... :wink:

cured5.7
November 23rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
I had to get that off my chest....

I feel MUCH better now. :D

Thanks........

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2004, 11:34 PM
I agree it is a little of a bummer having to wait a little longer, but I feel it is going to be worth it. Now, what would be nice to hold some of us over is a working version of the Scanning software... ;)

Blacky
November 23rd, 2004, 11:43 PM
Not till 2005!!! :shock:
I feel like a deflated baloon.

I really dont want to complain, but I feel that this whole release could have been handled better, Instead of feeding us little bits of information and keeping us hanging, you could have just notified us of a late 2004 - early 2005 release.

The reason I say this is I first inquired about Flashscan in November 2003 and was told that it was going to be released in March of this year, and then again in late October now we have been told early 2005.

I do realise that a project of this magnitude doesnt happen over night and to produce a quality product you have to put in alot of time and effort, which i'd say is the case.

I hope this doesnt stirr the pot but I had to get it off my chest... :cry:

Mark

We feel the same way. I feel extra disappointment, an unbelievable amount of hard work has been put into this project by many people.
Most of the delays have been introduced by factors beyond our control. Yes, it could have been handled better, but only in hindsight. The delay until Jan has only been decided due to events of the past two weeks. Prior to that we still intended to ship in December.

Actually you are in Melbourne, aren't you?.
We do intend to ship to guys like yourself in Australia on or around Dec 10, so maybe it is not that disappointing after all :)

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 23rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
I agree it is a little of a bummer having to wait a little longer, but I feel it is going to be worth it. Now, what would be nice to hold some of us over is a working version of the Scanning software... ;)

Now that is something we should be able to do - minus the documentation.
I'll see if it really can be done...

Paul

Black02SS
November 24th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Rock on!!! You are the man Paul!!

87gmc
November 24th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Can you ship to america Dec 10 and act like im in Australia 8)

XLR8NSS
November 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM
I've waited this long, another month or so isn't going to kill me now. :D

cured5.7
November 24th, 2004, 04:37 PM
(We do intend to ship to guys like yourself in Australia on or around Dec 10, so maybe it is not that disappointing after all )

Thanks for that info paul.....

I think I'm starting to feel a little bit better>........ :)

Drake
November 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Oh well, there goes that Christmas present. :(

emarkay
November 25th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Maybe not...

January 7 is the Coptic or Orthodox Christmas, for those sects that prefer to convert the Julian dates into Gregorian dates.
The Christian faith has three separate calendars, the Western, the Orthodox New Calendar and the Orthodox Old Calendar.
The Western Calendar is that of the Roman Catholic and Protestant Churches.
The Orthodox New Calendar is the same as the Western Calendar for all fixed feasts but uses the old or Julian calendar for moveable feasts such as Easter and is used primarily by the Greek and Cypriot Orthodox Churches.
The Orthodox Old Calendar is the Julian Calendar, at the time of writing 13 days behind the New Calendar and is used by most other Orthodox churches as also by the Coptic church and most churches in the Middle East.

So yes, you may have it for Christmas!

MRK

PS: See http://www.microbooks.org/catalog/page/christian/calender.htm

mistermike
November 25th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Paul
That would be faaaaabulous. It's been almost a year, and v6.x has never really all the way worked with my GTO. Being able to pull the LTFT's would give me a head start on tuning, as I would be able to start corresponding with some friends who actually know what they're doing. :? Did I mention that the headers freaked out my PCM? :shock:

Blacky
November 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Looks like someone has too much spare time :shock:

Maybe not...
January 7 is the Coptic or Orthodox Christmas, for those sects that prefer ...<snip>...also by the Coptic church and most churches in the Middle East.
MRK

KimberWS6
November 27th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Looks like someone has too much spare time :shock:

Maybe not...
January 7 is the Coptic or Orthodox Christmas, for those sects that prefer ...<snip>...also by the Coptic church and most churches in the Middle East.
MRK

:D LOL :D

Black02SS
November 29th, 2004, 09:00 AM

Paul

Any possibility of this yet Paul?

Thanks,
Chad