PDA

View Full Version : Auto Tune, Metric chart

curtbriggs
September 4th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I'm following the Auto Tune instructions and I'm working in "Imperial" and I opened B3605 and the chart in the instructions switched back to metric. I tried Control + M and it brings up the what's modified window.

How do I get back to metric to insert the metric information from the instructions.

Also is there a problem upgrading to a 04 Z06 operating system on a Heads&Cam 6M 1999 C5. I thought this might be a good plan since my MAF is screen less.

Thanks, Curt

curtbriggs
September 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
To answer my own question, Tuning Tool, page 45.

I had to close the program and lost all my work to configure that one chart.

Edit, Configure Display Units, high light line B3605, click on Metric and OK and start all over again.

Page 31 says "converting PCMs between systems is potentially hazardous to the PCM". So why is it recommended on the forum????

Thanks, Curt. You're welcome!

I'm going to go pour myself a stiff one, nuff of this for the day.

Blacky
September 4th, 2005, 08:30 AM
To answer my own question, Tuning Tool, page 45.

I had to close the program and lost all my work to configure that one chart.

Edit, Configure Display Units, high light line B3605, click on Metric and OK and start all over again.

EFILive will prompt you to save your changes prior to opening the units configuration window. If you choose not to save your work then the window will not be opened. So basically your changes would have been saved if that window was opened.

Page 31 says "converting PCMs between systems is potentially hazardous to the PCM". So why is it recommended on the forum????

Thanks, Curt. You're welcome!

I'm going to go pour myself a stiff one, nuff of this for the day.

It is recommended for people who want to run in Speed Density mode, or who want to run forced induction. The end result is a better tune, but to get there, a potentially hazardous operation must be performed.

Don't install a custom operating system unless you need the altered functionality of that custom operating system.

Regards
Paul

curtbriggs
September 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Paul, thanks.

Cheers, Curt