PDA

View Full Version : support for vz v6 5 speed auto

gmperformancecentre
October 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
does v2 had support for the vz v6 5 speed auto

GMPX
October 5th, 2008, 12:39 AM
No, that is a weirdo Siemens TCM, you might be battling forever on that one.

Cheers,
Ross

gmperformancecentre
October 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM
thanks ross
try to read the pcm and tcm no luck at all

GMPX
October 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, you won't get anywhere with it sorry. I'm not sure why they used that Siemens TCM when the T42 could have been used with the 5 speed and they were already using the T42 on the 4 speed (non SV6).

Cheers,
Ross

gmperformancecentre
October 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
make's you wonder what holden was thinking :doh2::doh2:

joecar
October 7th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I'm curious if that is the 5L40E transmission...?

GMPX
October 7th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yes it is Joe

scdyne
October 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Probably because that TCM is a BMW drop in on the part of GM?
All of us Automatic Sky,Solstice,GT owners would like to see support for this transmission too, but it may never happen.
I have bins from another source and have started trying to disassemble, but just WAY too busy at work to find a single free moment to get going let alone commit any serious time to it.

Serious question: I wonder how hard it would be to swap out this TCM with a T42?
If I could swap my Siemens out with a T42 and get tap shift to work I would be all over it.

GMPX
October 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
That TCM uses an Infineon CPU from memory, the same as our V2 uses!, but we program that in C, not assembly, so figuring out that TCM would be pretty tough for us. And in the whole scheme of this, it's usage is pretty limited.

It would be pretty tough to get the T42 to run a 5L trans, I don't think a factory base cal exists (which makes it near impossible).

Cheers,
Ross