PDA

View Full Version : Where to Start on an LB7?

LBZoom
October 6th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Hey guys,
I've got an LBZ that I've been tuning and it's going rather well...a buddy of mine wants his LB7 tuned and the tables seem a lot different so I was hoping someone could tell me where to start adjusting? I'm looking for a good 50-70 horse gain for towing, but would like a have 100 horses added when at full throttle. My LBZ lets you type a torque value in based on throttle position and it will deliver the required amount of fuel without much adjustment to a certain point, 812 lb ft of torque is max before you have to adjust fueling....the LB7 of course doesn't have a table like this...so like I said where do I start making the power at? The injectors seem to be okay, my buddy said the original owner had them replaced under warranty... Perhaps someone could send me a tune similar to what I'm looking for? Thanks guys!:cheers:

The Neens
October 6th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Here's a tow tune you can try...

LBZoom
October 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Awesome man, I'll give this a shot and kinda compare things and that'll help out a ton I'm sure. Thanks for the help!:rockon:

LBZoom
October 7th, 2008, 06:48 AM
One more question, will it make a difference if his OS # is different from the one on the tune you sent me?

acrider2
October 7th, 2008, 07:30 AM
You always want to base the tune off the stock OS. Some stuff such as A/C might not work otherwise. The easiest way to do this is use a script. This link explains how to do it. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194677&highlight=scripts A few things to watch for though are fuel tank size and speedo settings. If they show up in the script I just edit them out in note pad.