PDA

View Full Version : Newbie???'s

bdr2008
October 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Can I load my PPE tunes in the truck then copy them to my laptop with EFI then unload them back to the PPE tunner so that I can sell it. I would like to keep the tunes but get rid of the junk controller and the pain in the butt of sending it back every two months for updates because of it being the race version. EFI is in the mail and the PPE needs to go before the wife misses the money or my toy days are done for a while.... Thanks, as I said I am a newbie and trying to learn ASAP..:cheers:

GMPX
October 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry, but we can't condone copying tunes. Even though you bought the PPE programmer most tuners will claim the changes they make are copyright to them.

hondarider552
October 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I copied my ppe tunes and am runnning them on efilive. I already paid close to $1000 for the ppe so dan has already got his money from me...

bdr2008
October 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Thank you that was the info. that I needed. I do understand the first reply and it was expected. Thanks again there is some great reading here!!!!!

nonnieselman
October 10th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thats called Bad Ethics.. Most handhelds now are copyrighted and you cant read them off with EFI Live..
Learn how to tune and get it better than the PPE...

bdr2008
October 10th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I hope to do just that but wow do I have alot to learn!!!!!! That school is looking better and better and I need to come up with another $500 so bye bye PPE !!!!

hondarider552
October 11th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Thats called Bad Ethics.. Most handhelds now are copyrighted and you cant read them off with EFI Live..
Learn how to tune and get it better than the PPE...

Dan already has my 800 bucks for my hot+2et so what does it matter?

50 bucks makes the tuner, and the rest is profit/time to make the ppe tunes..