PDA

View Full Version : want to richen my mixture a bit. what table?

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Wide open it's about 13.2 on the wideband and I would feel better if it is in the 12.8 range. What table do I need to change? I'm not really new to this but just arent sure what to change.

5.7ute
October 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Wide open it's about 13.2 on the wideband and I would feel better if it is in the 12.8 range. What table do I need to change? I'm not really new to this but just arent sure what to change.

B3618 pe modifier based on rpm.

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
B3618 pe modifier based on rpm. I tried that. I set it to 11.7 but it didn't seem change it. I took it for a drive and it's still running around 13.2 or so

5.7ute
October 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
What is B3613 set to in your tune? Better yet post it up with a log.

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
What is B3613 set to in your tune? Better yet post it up with a log.
I don't have any log rightnow. I was just reading the wideband in the car. I'll post the tune in just a second. I have to grab the laptop

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Here it is

5.7ute
October 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I am no expert but I can see no reason why your car is not entering PE mode if that is the problem.(Which now I dont think it is)
Since both B3605 & PE are commanding richer than 13.2 I would say there is an issue with your fuelling tables. Calibration of your VE table & maf sensor should fix it.
Do a log with commanded fuel & your wideband AFR. You may have to go through the AutoVE process & then rescale the maf.

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I am no expert but I can see no reason why your car is not entering PE mode if that is the problem.(Which now I dont think it is)
Since both B3605 & PE are commanding richer than 13.2 I would say there is an issue with your fuelling tables. Calibration of your VE table & maf sensor should fix it.
Do a log with commanded fuel & your wideband AFR. You may have to go through the AutoVE process & then rescale the maf.
ok, I just got the wideband so I'm not sure how to hook it up to the laptop. I'll have to figure it out. I won't be able to drive it for a few days anyway since it won't stop raining.

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
you know I was watching the wideband the other day and it was going from 12.9 to 13.2 so I wonder if I changed the B3606 to 12.8 if it would get it closer to what I'm wanting?

5.7ute
October 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
You are commanding a lot richer than that (11.7) in B3618 which is what the pcm should be commanding at WOT.( The pcm will command whichever is richest out of these tables when the PE enablers are met)
There is also the possibility that you are maxxing out your fuel pump or injectors.

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
You are commanding a lot richer than that (11.7) in B3618 which is what the pcm should be commanding at WOT.( The pcm will command whichever is richest out of these tables when the PE enablers are met)
There is also the possibility that you are maxxing out your fuel pump or injectors.oh ok, I didn't know that. I have larger injectors. The last time i logged it they were running at about 72% duty cycle. I have the SVO 30s

mvvette97
October 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Do a log with commanded fuel & your wideband AFR. You may have to go through the AutoVE process & then rescale the maf.was just thinking, I have the stock MAF settings but I do have the MAF descreened. Some people say that needs to be changed if the screen is removed. Next thing is how do you go about calibrating the MAF?

mowton
October 10th, 2008, 12:49 AM
reply posted in your CF thread

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2153017