PDA

View Full Version : Auto VE with 1Bar MAP and Boost?

Mort
October 8th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Can I do Auto VE with a 1 Bar MAP on a STS turbo system or do I stand a chance of going lean in boost. I am running a T60-1 turbo on a 6.0 and it always seems to be in boost.

If not, is there another way to tune VE or should I just try to fine tune the MAF.

This is my daily driver and I think I may be better off overall with the MAF in the equation but I could be wrong. I live on the east coast in NB Canada and we see a large variation in seasonal conditions.

I am driving a '03 1500HD Silverado with WCCH Stage II heads and a 208/208 cam with .54 lift with a 114LSA (intake at 112)2. on a Rex built forged block with stock displacement and compression.

Just needs a little fine tuning to improve throttle response and transition tuning.

Thanks very much :cheers:

Lextech
October 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Hey Mort,

You have some nice GO Fast goodies on your truck. It would be ashame to work around a 1 Bar MAP sensor. Get yourself a 2 Bar MAP. They don't cost very much and that is what you should really have in there anyway.

Jeff

TAQuickness
October 8th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Mort. As Lextech pointed out, it would be a very good idea to invest in a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor to avoid any complications with the tune.

Mort
October 8th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the advice on going 2 bar. I have just been very hesitant to give it a try. I have no idea what I have been hesitant about, I just figured the MAF would be better for a daily driver but I do want to fine tune this a bit so I guess it is time to bite the bullet and go for 2 bar. I am sure I will be back for some more advice once I read through the basic set up once or twice.

:cucumber: