PDA

View Full Version : Dtc p0430

ItzNota
October 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Anyone get this code before and if you did how did you fix it?
I am thinking it is an issue with either one of the Oxygen Sensors or possibly a bad High Flow Cat.

Any ideas?

joecar
October 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
If the O2 sensor was bad you would get an O2 code...

P0420 (bank 1, LHS) or P0430 (bank 2, RHS) show up when the catalytic converter has lost/degraded it's ability to function (storing oxygen and oxidizing HC/CO, reducing NOx)... when conditions are correct the PCM runs the test at idle... it drives the AFR rich and then lean for a few moments and times the reaction between sensor 1 (front) and sensor 2 (rear).

ItzNota
October 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
If the O2 sensor was bad you would get an O2 code...

P0420 (bank 1, LHS) or P0430 (bank 2, RHS) show up when the catalytic converter has lost/degraded it's ability to function (storing oxygen and oxidizing HC/CO, reducing NOx)... when conditions are correct the PCM runs the test at idle... it drives the AFR rich and then lean for a few moments and times the reaction between sensor 1 (front) and sensor 2 (rear).

That is what I figured...these High Flow Cats that I got were from SLP and I did not buy them longer than 2 months ago....I will give them a call and see what I can do about replacement.

Thanks for the super quick response Joe...you da'man!