PDA

View Full Version : Question

P.M.
October 11th, 2008, 04:57 AM
:confused: GMPX how did you write that "tuned with EFI live"

Sparky8370
October 11th, 2008, 05:48 AM
start menu>my documents>efi live>V7.5>user configuration>messages
If messages doesn't open automatically with notepad, right click and open with notepad.
change to this
[MESSAGES]
DONE = EFILive FINISHED
LOCK.01 = LOCK IN PROGRESS
FLASH.01 = tuned by efi live
FLASH.02 = tuned by efi live
FLASH.03 = tuned by efi live
READ.01 = tuned by efi live
READ.02 = tuned by efi live
READ.03 = tuned by efi live
PS it won't always say that, only when flashing or reading.

P.M.
October 20th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I tried that and it has not worked:help2:

GMPX
October 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Given this is posted in the LBZ section I assume that is what you have, it won't work on that cluster, it's only functional on the 2001 - 2005 clusters.

Cheers,
Ross

P.M.
October 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
thank you

gixxergreg
October 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Too bad we can't make it read that way always... just a little more advertisment

P.M.
October 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
yea that would be cool if i could get it to say anthing diffrent

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Given this is posted in the LBZ section I assume that is what you have, it won't work on that cluster, it's only functional on the 2001 - 2005 clusters.

Cheers,
Ross

Bummer, I love having my cluster flash EFILive and Epic Performance whenever I tune, especially customers cars.

P.M.
October 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know how to turn the seatblet beeper off or can i not do that with this

Cougar281
October 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM

Cheers,
Ross

In case anyone wonders, the reason this is the case isn't the cluster. It's because the 01-05 trucks use Class2 to flash the ECM/TCM (same bus as the cluster). The 06-07 LBZ use GMLAN to flash the ECM/TCM, but the cluster is still Class2. The 07.5+ LMM's, the cluster is Low speed GMLAN (the ECM/TCM use high speed GMLAN), so again, seaperate busses. It's easy to slip the messages in before and after flashing when using the same bus, but IF the V2 hardware could even send a message to the cluster (on the Class2 for the LBZ; I don't think the LS GMLAN even comes back to the DLC on the LMM's; I really don't know anything about the GMT900 computer systems) prior to flashing the ECM or TCM, it wouldn't be worth the developing time just to send a message to the cluster IMO.

GMPX
October 21st, 2008, 04:49 PM
In fact the early V2 units had low speed CAN ability, we have since removed that functionality from the hardware, for the added cost in parts we could never see it being used, certainly not enough to justify a message sent to the cluster :)

Cheers,
Ross

mr.prick
October 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM
In fact the early V2 units had low speed CAN ability, we have since removed that functionality from the hardware, for the added cost in parts we could never see it being used, certainly not enough to justify a message sent to the cluster :)

Cheers,
Ross

how early?
is there a way to identify a build date/batch number
for the V2?

i know mine is an "early" unit, i bought it in November 2006.
it did not come with the 97-98 stream installed and the AD inputs
float a good bit.