PDA

View Full Version : to run OL MAF

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 06:53 AM
plan on dyno tuning monday....want to run OL MAF....right now Im OLSD...what all do I need to reenable to run OL MAF....I plan on tuning my MAF table on the street tomorrow and hitting up the dyno to clean up WOT fueling/timing
Once I have my VE and MAF tables done....then i can reenable DFCO by setting temp back to stock, correct?.....leave the commanded when in open loop to 14.68 at operating temp....i have my PE set as I wish....Leave LTRIMS disabled....leave closed loop temp enable as i have it in OLSD....what should I do with my low octane spark table as its matched to my High Octane table right now?.....Put P0102,03, and 04 back to stock....set C2901 and C2902 back to stock fail freqs. Set C2903 back to stock....
Am I forgetting anything?
Any tips for the dyno monday...I will be renting it for an hour
Kurt

joecar
October 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Kurt,

You got it... set C2901-3 back to stock, set B5914 back to stock, set B0120 to zero, leave DFCO disabled, leave CL disabled.

Keep CFOL and PE as you have them (I assume you are sufficiently rich at WOT/load).

When MAF table is all done, set B0120 back to stock, and enable DFCO if you wish.

Which car and which OS are you running...?

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 08:31 AM
2002 Z06 OS 12221588
my whole CFOL is 14.68....PE slopes 13.1 to 12.5 at high rpm also modified PE enable TP% so it goes into PE 5% earlier than stock

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 08:32 AM
btw joe i was going to tune the MAF table off of the VE table...not tune the VE then tune the MAF separately...that way they play nice together
If I dont have it ready for monday...Im going to tune OLSD on the dyno

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
did a couple of logs today...heres my second log....WOT fueling is pretty close....the tune and log are attached.....before i loaded it in the car....my previous logs kept having me taking out of the 15kpa column of the ve table.....i have lean decel and it kept having me take it out.....so i added a bunch in and blended out this goofy looking lip at the 400-1200rpm 15-35ish kPa area.....still a little lean on decel and rich in some areas...but i dont think i should be taking 20% out as my map is saying....almost impossible to hit those mid kPa cells at upper RPMs but I did the best I can....if Im that high in the RPMs im going to be in the trottle so im not too worried bout it....check out frames 13050 to 13200 i have a good 1st thru 3rd gear run....car feels stout....any tips as to that far left 15kPa column and what I should do about MAP having me take VE out of it?....or should I just get it close and leave it since when im done and I'll have DFCO enabled and every time im on decel it will cut fuel.....also pulled about a degree of timing out of the 3600-5200 area of the timing table as i was getting KR there...then added a degree up top....didnt get ANY KR at WOT...so Im leaving the spark table like this until i hit the dyno to see what makes the most power without getting KR
thanks for the look
Kurt

mr.prick
October 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
sorry to hijack but, what size injectors do you have?

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
36lb FAST....same injectors that came in the GM ASA car....pulled injector specs out of the ASA tune

B3608 and B3609....08 is at 0 seconds 09 is at 1 second...which table wins....?

TFZ_Z06
October 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM
did a couple of logs today...heres my second log....WOT fueling is pretty close....the tune and log are attached.....before i loaded it in the car....my previous logs kept having me taking out of the 15kpa column of the ve table.....i have lean decel and it kept having me take it out.....so i added a bunch in and blended out this goofy looking lip at the 400-1200rpm 15-35ish kPa area.....still a little lean on decel and rich in some areas...but i dont think i should be taking 20% out as my map is saying....almost impossible to hit those mid kPa cells at upper RPMs but I did the best I can....if Im that high in the RPMs im going to be in the trottle so im not too worried bout it....check out frames 13050 to 13200 i have a good 1st thru 3rd gear run....car feels stout....any tips as to that far left 15kPa column and what I should do about MAP having me take VE out of it?....or should I just get it close and leave it since when im done and I'll have DFCO enabled and every time im on decel it will cut fuel.....also pulled about a degree of timing out of the 3600-5200 area of the timing table as i was getting KR there...then added a degree up top....didnt get ANY KR at WOT...so Im leaving the spark table like this until i hit the dyno to see what makes the most power without getting KR
thanks for the look
Kurt

The DFCO on my 02 was still enabled even after setting the disable temp to a high number that it could not attain(B3318). After I searched through the tuning software using the string "DFCO", I found a few other parameters that when experimented with appeared to disable it. According to the software, if you hit one turn off param, it goes off, but I'm not so sure this is true w/our OS.

In any case, the 15kpa column is where the most activity appears to occur.
I would simply exclude data from your log for 15kpa and less. I took a stock table and looked at how things were setup on that side of the VE table compared to the rest of the data and applied a similar change.

In a stock table there is a 2%@400rpm to 17%@8000 in VE 20 to 15KPA for the VE table.

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 03:56 PM
when i first started VE tuning...i was having Rich decel...as time when on it went lean decel...seems like a fine line....
TFZ...did you check out my log and tune....I did try and bring that portion of the VE table back up....not quite as much as stock...might try and bring it up some more and see what happens...gotta get it done quick though as I have a hour appointment on the dyno set for monday morning!

Kurtomac
October 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
BTW TFZ I like your MAP of KR...I took about a degree out of the spark tables where i was getting what looked like real KR...and blended it back up above that and actually added a degree above 5200...to total 26 degrees of timing and no KR on todays log with a fresh tank of 93 and a can of TORCO added in...thanks for the tip

TFZ_Z06
October 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
when i first started VE tuning...i was having Rich decel...as time when on it went lean decel...seems like a fine line....
TFZ...did you check out my log and tune....I did try and bring that portion of the VE table back up....not quite as much as stock...might try and bring it up some more and see what happens...gotta get it done quick though as I have a hour appointment on the dyno set for monday morning!

The log indicates your avg WOT A/F is good, but I think you could go slightly leaner after 6000rpm. I see your PE vs RPM is a good match for your 95-105kpa VE data though, so maybe this is where you want the A/F.
Below 2400, you might be a little rich, hard to tell with varied data.

( If you are like me, you never see that RPM at the drags or anywhere else.
I once noticed via datalogs that for a given tune my A/Fs were 13.0 in 1st and progressively dropped to 12.7 in 4th; That said, you could cruise the highway, load the car in 5th or 6th gear, then adj from there )

Looks like you got the KR under control, though a few sparse places it was there more towards low end though. On my last dyno, I got a 20rwtq dip from I believe what was 1.4 deg KR. This lasted a few hundred RPM and was was very noticed on the dyno graph. Keep in mind, I'm running 91 octane. I wish I had 93 octane like you guys have avail.

Your VE table looks functional to me. Based on your BENs and A/F at WOT it can't be far off.

Looks like dyno time to clean up the loose ends...

Kurtomac
October 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
i guess im just going to be OLSD on the dyno....i havnt had time to tune the maf to the VE table yet....no biggy...as long as my motor gets my desired afr along with x degrees of timing....I should dyno the same....you guys ever see any power difference going SD to MAF

Kurtomac
October 12th, 2008, 11:59 AM
did 2 logs today with 2 tunes...heres the 2nd log with the tune that I had in the car attached....most all cells within .02....and WOT within .01...Im going to go OLSD on the dyno tomorrow
Just making sure i have my DVT controls right....I activate the controls....type in 1 hit add then check the spark advance box that should add 1 degree to the whole table right? I plan on doing about 5 consecutive pulls starting at -2 then -1, 0, 1, 2....then look at the graphs where i made more or less power on which timing...then change timing table accordingly and make one final pull....after that I will try different PEs...right now at WOT i have 26degrees of timing and 12.5 PE in the upper RPMS....Ill try 12.75 and see if that nets me any gain
wish me luck guys
Attatched are the log and tune

TFZ_Z06
October 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
12.5 PE in the upper RPMS....Ill try 12.75 and see if that nets me any gain
wish me luck guys
Attatched are the log and tune

I can appreciate the effort you are putting in. I think you are going to see
great hp numbers.

The log/tune looks good...

Kurtomac
October 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words....what does your current PE table look like? If I understand what you said earlier in the thread....PK TQ should be 4800ish...leave that at 12.5 commanded in PE and try sloping up to 12.9 in the 7200rpm range
Why when I look at most dyno graphs on the net...tuners make the whole RPM range 13.1....shouldnt it need a little more fuel at PK tq then 13.1 at Peak Power?

TFZ_Z06
October 12th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words....what does your current PE table look like? If I understand what you said earlier in the thread....PK TQ should be 4800ish...leave that at 12.5 commanded in PE and try sloping up to 12.9 in the 7200rpm range
Why when I look at most dyno graphs on the net...tuners make the whole RPM range 13.1....shouldnt it need a little more fuel at PK tq then 13.1 at Peak Power?

My peak torque is 4600rpm. I like A/F for peak tq around 12.8:1 But even if its richer, it will still make good power. For top end, getting close to 12.9:1

My PE is set 13.0 on bottom getting richer approaching 4600, then to 12.9 at 6400. At 6800, I enrich it to around 12.7 for safety and leave it there.

joecar
October 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Kurt,

Looks good... if this is your racecar, you can just run in OLSD...

If it is a racecar, you might want to run 2 widebands so you can see if each bank is the same.

How high can you rev (can your valvetrain handle it...?)...?
Are you running A4 trans...?
If A4, is it built...?
If A4 built, set shifts at the highest rpm your valvetrain can handle.

Post some dyno charts and track numbers if it's ok.

Good work...:cheers:

Kurtomac
October 13th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Its my Daily Driver...Im dyno tuning it OLSD....My WB is right near the crossover in my X pipe...my valvetrain can probably handle 7200(Upgraded TFS .650 Valve springs and UltraLite Yella Terra Rockers)...have my limiter at 6800 though so my stock bottom end doesnt hate me so much
Its a Z06 Vette so its a M6
Im going to the dyno at 2PM I'll be sure to post up results
Kurtomac
BTW I will suspect my cam will peak around 6400 and the dyno has a WB so hopefully their data matches mine....just recalibrated my LC1 and running one of TA's serial cables!

Kurt,

Looks good... if this is your racecar, you can just run in OLSD...

If it is a racecar, you might want to run 2 widebands so you can see if each bank is the same.

How high can you rev (can your valvetrain handle it...?)...?
Are you running A4 trans...?
If A4, is it built...?
If A4 built, set shifts at the highest rpm your valvetrain can handle.

Post some dyno charts and track numbers if it's ok.

Good work...:cheers:

Kurtomac
October 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
SAE 465rwhp 411rwtq....slightly less than I was hoping for....Im going to dyno on another to back it up and mess with it a little more here in a few weeks
Ill post tunes and logs and a dyno graph later