PDA

View Full Version : Code P0481 & P0315 Being Thrown Can't Find it in EFI

MN C5
October 13th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Loaded a new operating system from a 07 Denali in a effort to get my electric fans working again. Previously I had been using XCLR8NSS's VIN but I don't think he has electric fans. (or at least mine didn't work after installing the new tranny)

So its tossing this code anyone have an idea? I've got it at the dealer getting reflashed. But need help on what to do about P0481

& P0315 too

XLR8NSS
October 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Nope, no electric fans on mine. Did you try changing the settings in the System folder under Fans?

P0481 is Cooling fan relay 2 control circuit according to my service manuals.

P0315 is Crankshaft position (CKP) system variation not learned

My camera is dead but, if you need I can take pictures later of the service manual pages relating to these codes.

MN C5
October 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Nope, no electric fans on mine. Did you try changing the settings in the System folder under Fans?

P0481 is Cooling fan relay 2 control circuit according to my service manuals.

P0315 is Crankshaft position (CKP) system variation not learned

My camera is dead but, if you need I can take pictures later of the service manual pages relating to these codes.

Yea, I tried fooling with the fan settings but that didn't work. I'm wondering if the wiring harness has provisions for cooling fan relay 2 ??? Even though I'd be happy if even one was working right now...lol..