PDA

View Full Version : Dynoed today

Kurtomac
October 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Not as much as I had hoped for but....
Took my car to the dyno to put a few finishing touches on my tune....Im going to another dyno to back it up and clean up a few more things in a couple weeks...
Speed Density Tuned it myself
Was on my 305 Drag radials at 25 PSI
SAE 465 RWHP 412 RWTQ
STD was high 470s
dyno's wideband read 13:1...my incar WB read 12.5ish....Ill take it to the track and see what kind of MPH i run...shooting for 125mph
BTW it was on a Dynojet 224 for anybody who wants to know
blue is when my first pull....took 7 pulls to get it to the red graph
I attached the final tune and Log has 2 dyno pulls on it
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg145/Kurtomac/kurtsdyno.jpg

TFZ_Z06
October 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the numbers. Looking forward to seeing the track numbers.
:cheers:

Ok, your busted. I see the avg A/F is richer on top end. What up?

Kurtomac
October 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
ya me too....little dissappointed bout the dyno numbers.....deep inside i was shooting for 480....could be a number of things....varying dynos...my dragradials at 25 psi....their/my WB being off not letting me nail my afr to what it needs to be...its kind of a guess...on that last pull theirs said 13:1...mine was 12.5 range....who knows....just recal'ed mine the other day too...although I thought i read somewhere tailpipe WBs will read a little leaner than one in the mid exhaust

TFZ_Z06
October 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM
ya me too....little dissappointed bout the dyno numbers.....deep inside i was shooting for 480....could be a number of things....varying dynos...my dragradials at 25 psi....their/my WB being off not letting me nail my afr to what it needs to be...its kind of a guess...on that last pull theirs said 13:1...mine was 12.5 range....who knows....just recal'ed mine the other day too...although I thought i read somewhere tailpipe WBs will read a little leaner than one in the mid exhaust

I could be wrong, but it looks like when you go from 27 to 27.5 and from
27.5 to 28 deg spark, your rpm slope rate of change (accel) decreases.
This was on the last spin up. On graph-b of the scan log, you can see drops small drops in power at those points.

Just curious if you tried lower spark. You know I'm the high spark nazi.

joecar
October 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
You're making over 500HP at the FW... :cheers:

Log shows no KR...

Log shows MAP dropping from 101kPa to 97kPa... is there anything you can do to free up the intake tract...? A MAF might be an obstruction.

Can you also log DYNCYLAIR_DMA... (that will bring your channel count to 22 which is ok).

Goldfinger911
October 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Nice runs! It is nice to tune it your self and then see it rip. Congrats.

I was looking at your logs and noticed something... then read the posts after you initial one. The point where your MAP goes from 100-101 down to 97-98 is at 26 degrees timing everytime. You are maxed on the MAP up to 25.5 degrees. Then it falls. It maybe not related... but it does follow along with TFX_Z06's observations above. (flickering around 100 is normal, as is between 100 and 101)

I would love to see a pull with your car commanding 26 degrees at WOT to redline.

I just upgraded my cam to a much more agressive one, and I have timing on the brain. :)

Kurtomac
October 13th, 2008, 11:59 PM
you guys want to see it with 26 degrees? I can make that happen....walah....take a look at the blue line :)
Also on the dyno i was getting less MAP...on the street at WOT its 100-101 thats a Vararam intake for ya...as far as MAF its a 85mm MAF
Heres all of the dyno logs except dyno log 6 as its attached in the first post....one of the logs log 5 I tried leaning it out to 13.1 per my WB and sure enought I got KR.....Just looked at the logs...I could have swore I tried 29 degrees made 1 more HP than 28 so I left it at 28....also I guess I never tried 27 degrees....the first few pulls I was busy trying to get the AFR line a little straighter

joecar
October 14th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Log DYNCYLAIR_DMA so you can highlight timing/KR in B5913.

Kurtomac
October 14th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I can highlight Timing in 5913...I logged DYNCYLAIR predicted grams of air per cylinder