PDA

View Full Version : autoVe tuning?

skneeland
October 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
i havent even looked at tuning the TB in months, still frustrated for the lack of support over the P0420 troubles i have.

are we able to hook up a WB02 and do autove yet? i recall the main issue was not being able to turn off the fuel trims?

TAQuickness
October 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM
There is a tutorial floating around the forum that addresses the differences in the later PCMs

skneeland
October 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
There is a tutorial floating around the forum that addresses the differences in the later PCMs

can you elaborate? is it specific to the I6? if so it doesnt appear to be in this section of the forum

pjaneiro
October 27th, 2008, 06:03 AM
i havent even looked at tuning the TB in months, still frustrated for the lack of support over the P0420 troubles i have.

are we able to hook up a WB02 and do autove yet? i recall the main issue was not being able to turn off the fuel trims?

Well i have a little test for you...

for your codes, try going back to a version of efilive prior to january 2008, re-burn with stock file, and then apply your new tune

I TOO HAVE THE ERROR NOW...

it never popped before, but I now think it all has to do with the new version and january calibrations, ever since they "updated" the cals it's been hell, speedo is wrong, car is sluggish and codes pop back, i have a 2002 tb with OS 12587430,

I don't have the efilive unit, i just paid someone to do for me, so far they have been helpfull, but not having my truck run like it did before is frustrating...

ScarabEpic22
October 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Interesting, Ill take a look at that when I get my computer back. Someone spilled water all over it, caused a lot of damage inside of it (ripped it apart) and my main HDD's controller board is toast, literally. So Im hoping the shop can get the drive to run so I can get all my tunes dating back to March 06 when I first started using EFILive (have some backed up, but only the major ones and not my current).

But I seriously wonder if there is something wrong with only the EFILive code for your OS. My 02 I flash all the time and the changes definitely take plus I updated my speedo a few months ago no problem. I do have all my stock emissions (well, mostly) in place so no codes pop and my TB is definitely not slow haha.

skneeland
October 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM
i dont have an older version of EFI live unfortunately.

the only that i can notice that isnt programming properly (to my knowledge) is the switching to turn off the P0420

ive pretty much given up any hope for support at this point. its pretty much BS the price i paid for this product and it wont do the specific thing i bought it to do....

Im now looking at stand-alone controllers or HP-tuners. at least maybe ill be able to turn off my engine light & also have some way to program this beast when i turbo it (since it doesnt look like EFI live is ever going to support a custom OS for this either....)

Chevy366
October 29th, 2008, 02:31 PM
i dont have an older version of EFI live unfortunately.

the only that i can notice that isnt programming properly (to my knowledge) is the switching to turn off the P0420

ive pretty much given up any hope for support at this point. its pretty much BS the price i paid for this product and it wont do the specific thing i bought it to do....

Im now looking at stand-alone controllers or HP-tuners. at least maybe ill be able to turn off my engine light & also have some way to program this beast when i turbo it (since it doesnt look like EFI live is ever going to support a custom OS for this either....)

I feel your pain .

ScarabEpic22
October 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I hate to say but I agree, its been nice being able to actually do something with my TB. But crap we had to rip this last update from their grips and didnt get all the promised tables. Im still waiting for BBF, I know they have the new E67/E38s to worry about but damn the LSx guys have a ton of params and tables we'll never get.

And tunedbyGM, I want to swap my P10 for a P12 but there's even less support for the P12.

blandmiller
October 31st, 2008, 03:51 AM
skneeland, have you corrected the problem that initiated the failed catalytic converter efficiency test? Resetting the code will only work for a very short time if the problem still exists. The code will reset internally after three consecutive drive trip tests have passed. The Helm manual recommends checking for exhaust leaks upstream of the converter, verifying that you are not running high sulfur or high lead fuel, and checking both O2 sensors for proper operation. If all is well, you may have a degraded converter and need to replace it.

pjaneiro
October 31st, 2008, 03:58 AM
skneeland, have you corrected the problem that initiated the failed catalytic converter efficiency test? Resetting the code will only work for a very short time if the problem still exists. The code will reset internally after three consecutive drive trip tests have passed. The Helm manual recommends checking for exhaust leaks upstream of the converter, verifying that you are not running high sulfur or high lead fuel, and checking both O2 sensors for proper operation. If all is well, you may have a degraded converter and need to replace it.

I don't know but in the thread eh states he disabled the codes, so i'm pretty he does not have the O2 sensore at all, just like me, i had it disabled in my previous tune, but now the code comes back ever since their "update" I too feel going towards HPTUNERS, i am seeing more unhappy customers as i do searches on the web to resolve my other issues....i don't own the programmer per and thank god, cause i think i would driven down there and breath down the back of developper for some support....now i'm just stuck for something i paid for and does not work...

hoooray

Chevy366
October 31st, 2008, 02:32 PM
I hate to say but I agree, its been nice being able to actually do something with my TB. But crap we had to rip this last update from their grips and didnt get all the promised tables. Im still waiting for BBF, I know they have the new E67/E38s to worry about but damn the LSx guys have a ton of params and tables we'll never get.

And tunedbyGM, I want to swap my P10 for a P12 but there's even less support for the P12.
Yeah Erik , don't remind me about the support for P12's . :ranting:
Have to say EFILive has dropped the ball on TB support , or at least the 4.2L ones . :rippedhand:
Give us more tables !

blandmiller
October 31st, 2008, 03:28 PM
My mistake, I did not read anywhere in the post that the converter had been removed and he was hoping to disable the efficiency test. I guess I should be happy that I haven't upgraded to the new software releases.

ScarabEpic22
November 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Im see there are a few tables that I like in the new release (like the fan % commanded) but man Im glad Ive kept my old software releases. Im just sorta fed up with the P10/P12 support, it could be so much better and blow the other software out of the water if a little time (ok a decent amount) was put into it like EFILive doesnt for Duramax and LSx support.