PDA

View Full Version : Battery Voltage

aaronmc
October 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I can download all the settings from my pcm and save the tune file but when I go to upload the new tune with the changes I get "battery voltage to low or to high" and then it says the upload was successful. When I take a reading again the changes are not there and everything is the same. I made sure all my interior lights are off and the battery is not dead. Anyone have an idea of whats wrong or some way to get around this?

GMPX
October 15th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Can you please let us know a little more on your set up?

Vehicle type
Software versions (see Help > About in the Tuning Tool)
V1 or V2 hardware

Cheers,
Ross

Lextech
October 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I had the EXACT same problem with my truck about 3 weeks ago. Since the flash screen said "Battery Voltage Too Hi or Low" I did a battery test to it at work. It was an 870CCA Delco that tested at 82CCA. I put a new battery in it and it reflashed perfectly.

Jeff

aaronmc
October 15th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Can you please let us know a little more on your set up?

Vehicle type
Software versions (see Help > About in the Tuning Tool)
V1 or V2 hardware

Cheers,
Ross

Its a 2002 GMC Sierra.
Not sure Ill have to check when I get home.
V1 hardware.

I had the EXACT same problem with my truck about 3 weeks ago. Since the flash screen said "Battery Voltage Too Hi or Low" I did a battery test to it at work. It was an 870CCA Delco that tested at 82CCA. I put a new battery in it and it reflashed perfectly.

Jeff

So it doesn't matter if the vehicle starts and is running fine, if the CCA are to low then EFI wont flash the pcm?

Lextech
October 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
That is the weird part. I had no indication that I had a bad battery. At work we have a pretty expensive Midtronics battery tester that we have to use for all warranty claims. I was surprised that I needed a battery, but the tester said it was bad and my V1 flashed perfectly after the battery install.

Jeff