PDA

View Full Version : Updates and changes

eboggs_jkvl
October 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Are the updates and changes to the EFILive software still being done on an automatic basis?

I seem to recall something established that will automatically check what issue I have on my PC against what the latest and greatest is on the EFILive site and if my copy isn't the latest, the download process is initiated and my software gets updated.

IF that isn't running, I have a feeling that my software is not current.

Tuning Tool
I have V7.5.3 (Build 36) Calibrations 529

Elmer

Goldfinger911
October 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM
The latest is v7 stuff is 7.5.4 build 66. There is an auto-update feature that you configure in the later builds. Or, you can just download it and manually install it or course.

http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.4.66.exe

eboggs_jkvl
October 15th, 2008, 07:34 AM
OK, I did the update. I'm looking in the tuning tool to set the auto update feature but it seems to be hiding. Any hints as to where it it?

Elmer

Goldfinger911
October 15th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Sure.

Start | All Programs | EFILive | v7.5 |Tools | Update Schedule
Start | All Programs | EFILive | v8.1 |Tools | Update Schedule

and to check manually...

Start | All Programs | EFILive | v7.5 |Tools | Check for Updates
Start | All Programs | EFILive | v8.1 |Tools | Check for Updates

eboggs_jkvl
October 15th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I opened windows explorer, drilled down but I do not see a /tools/ folder.

I see:
c : /Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/
+calibrations
Configuration
Doc/tutorials/
Installation Defaults/PIDs
Installation defaults/+VDash

No tools folder.

Goldfinger911
October 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
No no no. Not in Explorer. My bad.
Click on your Start menu... and navigate to the program group for EFILive.

eboggs_jkvl
October 15th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Well, geeze, send me down the wrong path already! :D

Start, All Programs, EFILive, V7.5, Tools, Check or Schedule Aaaaaaahah!

I looked at your first response before you made the edit.

Worked much better that time.

Thank You.

Elmer

Blacky
October 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
The bad news is: The auto-update scheme I put in place does not work as intended, it is being dropped.

The good news is: A new scheme has been developed which makes auto-updating easier and faster (smaller downloads).

We are trying to get the new version(s) released this weekend.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
October 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
The bad news is: The auto-update scheme I put in place does not work as intended, it is being dropped.

The good news is: A new scheme has been developed which makes auto-updating easier and faster (smaller downloads).

Regards
Paul

KISS (Keep it simple stupid) for the old geezers like me!

Thanks,

Elmer

macca_779
October 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Regards
Paul

Paul a small bug I noticed today and I'm not sure if you already know about it is that of the Flash Counters in the V2 Licencing section. It appears that the Full flash count is arse about with the Cal only count.. I thought it was a bit strange that I had only done 36 Cal only Flashes and hundreds of Full Flashes.

Goldfinger911
October 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
This weekend? Yahoo!! Buy some Mountain Dew and M&M's and get that baby out!! Hahaha. Thanks for the good news Paul.

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Paul a small bug I noticed today and I'm not sure if you already know about it is that of the Flash Counters in the V2 Licencing section. It appears that the Full flash count is arse about with the Cal only count.. I thought it was a bit strange that I had only done 36 Cal only Flashes and hundreds of Full Flashes.

Is that still messed up? I noticed that a while back and mentioned it, was pretty sure it got fixed in one of the earlier v7.5.x builds...

Edit:
Just checked and with 7.5.4.66 Ive got the full flash and cal counters set properly. And its correct on my V2 as well.

Paul, does that mean that the latest update is being delayed until this weekend? You mentioned something about having an update ready last Monday?

Blacky
October 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hopefully it will be ready this weekend. A couple of times over the past month, the software has been ready for release, only for a problem to be discovered at the last minute.
Fixing the problem means going through a whole lot of testing again. It takes a lot of time :(
We're pretty sure we've got the problems sorted now so this weekend is looking good.

Regards
Paul

macca_779
October 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Is that still messed up? I noticed that a while back and mentioned it, was pretty sure it got fixed in one of the earlier v7.5.x builds...

Edit:
Just checked and with 7.5.4.66 Ive got the full flash and cal counters set properly. And its correct on my V2 as well.

Paul, does that mean that the latest update is being delayed until this weekend? You mentioned something about having an update ready last Monday?

I only noticed it because I was installing EFI LIVE onto my other Laptop today. I downloaded the latest version of 7.5 for this install.