PDA

View Full Version : Can't scan LLY in passthrough

Cougar281
October 17th, 2008, 06:51 AM
V7.5.4 Build 66
V2 FW 2.05.20

I was going to try logging RPMs on my LLY while disabling injectors, but with only RPM (SAE.RPM) selected, I get the message "One or more _DMA PIDs are selected. This Duramax ECM can only scan _DMA PIDs in Dynamic or Stream Scan Mode. Please change the scan mode to Dynamic or Stream (menu: Edit -> Properties -> Logging -> Scan mode) before loggin _DMA PIDs." (logging is spelled wrong :)) The problem is it was in either Dynamic or stream-fast (I don't remember which), I tried Dynamic, Stream-Slow, and Stream-Fast and all got the same message. Also, SAE.RPM isn't even a DMA PID, is it? :help2:

Blacky
October 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
It may be EFILive is trying to use Generic scan mode because only 2 PIDs were selected. Try selecting enough PIDs to use 6 or more channels.

On the [Console] tab page, you can see the actual scan mode that EFILive "thinks" it should use. It may be different than the requested scan mode in the Properties window.

For example, if you have stream-fast mode selected and only select one (or two) PIDs, EFILive calculates that it would be faster to log using generic scan mode than stream-fast. So it will use generic mode in that case.

I'll fix the spelling error - thanks.

I'll have to investigate why it thought it was logging DMA PIDs.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
October 17th, 2008, 01:54 PM
It may be EFILive is trying to use Generic scan mode because only 2 PIDs were selected. Try selecting enough PIDs to use 6 or more channels.

On the [Console] tab page, you can see the actual scan mode that EFILive "thinks" it should use. It may be different than the requested scan mode in the Properties window.

For example, if you have stream-fast mode selected and only select one (or two) PIDs, EFILive calculates that it would be faster to log using generic scan mode than stream-fast. So it will use generic mode in that case.

I'll fix the spelling error - thanks.

I'll have to investigate why it thought it was logging DMA PIDs.

Regards
Paul

That seems to done it... Thanks Paul.

On another note, think it might be possible at some point to have marks entered in the log file when injectors are turned off to make it easy to see on the RPM Log, OR will the automated balance test work on the Diesels?