PDA

View Full Version : Smoker Tune?

FH Leader
October 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
My truck was tuned for mpg. The tune works very well as I am getting over 20 mpg. My question is it is a 100hp tune and I want to make a a twin to this tune for smoke. So do I go and max out the maf sensor or what is the best thing to get smoke with out adding more fuel to this tune? thanks for your help as I am new to EFI Live.

06Dmaxpwr
October 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Depending on whats been done to the fuel and boost tables already on that tune, I would copy you stock boost tables into that tune and then bring the maf up...you'll get some smoke especially if you drop even more than stock boost #'s

Andy

DmaxHawk
October 20th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Depending on whats been done to the fuel and boost tables already on that tune, I would copy you stock boost tables into that tune and then bring the maf up...you'll get some smoke especially if you drop even more than stock boost #'s

Andy

X2 on bringing up the MAF. But its pretty hard to get smoke just with the maf. I've tried to just max out the MAF but it didnt really do too much on mine. Easiest way to get smoke is open up the pulse width and keep stock boost table or lower the boost like mentioned above. Smoke=fuel so adding fuel is almost a must.