PDA

View Full Version : Repairing locked or dead PCM?

rally1
October 17th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Does anyone out there repair dead computers?

We have 4-5 LS1 512mb computers that are either locked or the flash chip is dead. Second hand units go for around $400-$500 here in New Zealand so would love to get them back to life! I know a few members can do it but just can’t remember who..

Is there a way around the locking process? We get a lot of locked computers from a very poor tuning company, A lot of customers are that hacked off with them, they won’t even go back to have them unlocked so we have to replace a lot of PCMs that end up in the bin..

gmperformancecentre
October 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
try delco.he can unlock them

JezzaB
October 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
What are you like with a soldering iron?:) But then again there are more than one way to skin a cat ;) ..... some ways just end up with a cleaner skin.

Biggsy
October 18th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I lift the flash chip, reprogram it with an external programmer, then solder it back on.

GMPX
October 18th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Given you are in NZ, PM Blacky, I'm sure he'll be able to sort them out for you.
One thing, if either myself or Blacky unlocks a PCM it is always returned with a stock tune, there is other people who leave the tune as is. However, in most cases people just want the PCM unlocked so it can be reused.

Cheers,
Ross

nonnieselman
October 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
So is it possible to send the PCM or ECM to somebody to get it unlocked?
One of my buddys has a TBSS and he cant get ahold to the company that "Dyno Tuned" it. It is locked and he wants me to tune it for some more mods he wants to put on it.

Anybody that can put the stock tune back on it would help us out a ton!!