PDA

View Full Version : switching tunes

Lennart
October 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I really enjoy the switchable tunes on my LLY via the V2.
Went to a dyno last saturday and we could to five runs one after another without ever stopping!
For the switchable tunes it would be really nice, though if you could name the tunes in the tune itself rather than the ini file.
I am sure you guys have lots of updates coming, just want to add a nice to have!

GMPX
October 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Maybe on Version 8. Version 7 has no provision to enter in ASCII data to calibrations. The other issue is for simplicity (or ease of implementation) the comms side of things at the PCM end was kept simple as possible, trying to transmit ASCII strings from the PCM might be a tough ask.

Cheers,
Ross

Lennart
October 19th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe I was not clear enough, I meant that the names of the tunes should display in the V2...as soon as we will be able to select tunes it should not be too hard to extract the names of the tunes and display them in the switchanble tunes selection.

69camaro5speed
December 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
am i missing some thing the switchable tune is out with the v2 controler only

GMPX
December 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
LB7 & LLY Switchable tunes can be done via a switch or via the V2 (keypad).

69camaro5speed
December 10th, 2008, 05:55 AM
i was looking for the v2 keypad switch info i have done many dsp 5 switches and love it.i have all the updates on my v2 and seen where it has like 1 though 5 stock tow no smoke ect. but didn't see any information on how it works did i miss some print on how it works or a post some where it would be kool to have that working for testing

GMPX
December 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Take a read through the updated tutorial on DSP -
http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/DSP%20Upgrade%20Tutorial%20-%20Rev2.pdf

If the link doesn't work it's on the main web page, downloads area.

Cheers,
Ross

69camaro5speed
December 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
thanks didn't see that update tutorial