PDA

View Full Version : New Options.txt

Cougar281
October 20th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Ok, what am I missing? I THINK I transposed my PSL's over from the options.ini that I had working, but one thing I'm unsure of is how does the V2 know which caption goes with which PSL? in the old "options.ini", it was ;Cap1 Cap2 Controllers (Engine&Trans) PSL PCU Hot Key (Ctrl+Fx), which made sense (Display name, which PMM(s) to use, which PSL to use etc), but I noticed in the new options.txt, the PSL column is not there. Just curious why the change from the options.ini which seemed to work well (at least from my POV) to the new format?

Edit: I just went back and looked again... I think I understand now... Is it you tell it which line is supposed to use the PSL at the PSL Line? If so, it's a bit confusing IMO... The old way made more sense (Although once we have a GUI to make the "Options,txt" it won't matter).

Ninety8C5
October 20th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I just upgraded to the latest and it looks like the conversion from 'C to 'F is not working on the V2. When I looked at the log with the scan tool the IAT and ECT were in 'F.
I also tried to put in the conversion for oil pressure from volts to psi and that did not work. Could be something I did.

Ninety8C5
October 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Edit: I just went back and looked again... I think I understand now... Is it you tell it which line is supposed to use the PSL at the PSL Line? If so, it's a bit confusing IMO... The old way made more sense (Although once we have a GUI to make the "Options,txt" it won't matter).

I think it was easier to use the old way also, just my $0.02.

joecar
October 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
The alternate units conversion doesn't seem to work...

I tried these ones and they fail:
g/s -> lb/min or lb/hr
kPa -> psi
C -> F

Edit: I also tried/failed this one: km/h -> mph

I'm about to try AFR -> EQ and EQ -> AFR...

Ninety8C5
October 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I just tried again and IAT & ECT state 32 'F but ECT is 118 'F and VSS is in kmh. I think I just found a couple of commas missing in the conversion section. I'm going to add them and try again.

I added all the missing commas and VSS is now in mph, but the rest of them are still broken.

joecar
October 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I added the commas, and it didn't make any difference.

Ninety8C5
October 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Any news on the fix for this?

Blacky
October 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Looking at it...
Paul

Blacky
October 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM

It was changed to allow the GUI editor to easily identify which PSL section belonged to which menu item.

There are 32 menu items, so there can be up to 32 PSL keys: PSL_01 thru PSL_32.

Menu entry number xx will use the PID list identified by PSL_xx.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
October 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
I've worked out most of the new options.txt file, but can't seem to turn "OFF" unwanted items. I've swapped the "Y" for an "N" but the items still show up in the V2 "Select PIDs" menu.

Also, I found the following....

; __________________________________________________ _______________________
;
; PID Selection List
; ----------------------
;
; *Section_Names is a comma separated list of indexes from the initial *PID_SELECTIONS section above.
; The XX in PSL_XX matches the entry number in *PID_SECLTEIONS

Nothing too bad really, once I'd worked out how to change the order of the selections.

Simon

joecar
October 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
This is what I did to mine... to suit my LS1B_A.

swingtan
October 21st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Yep, I figured that would work, but the way it's described in the headers makes it sound like you can just replace the "Y" with an "N" to hide the entire line when it's loaded into the V2. Funnily enough, I was trying to hide "ALL" the entries but LS1, E38 and E40.....

Simon.

joecar
October 22nd, 2008, 04:10 AM
Yep, I figured that would work, but the way it's described in the headers makes it sound like you can just replace the "Y" with an "N" to hide the entire line when it's loaded into the V2. Funnily enough, I was trying to hide "ALL" the entries but LS1, E38 and E40.....

Simon.Oh, you're saying that even tho a line is set to N it still shows up on the V2 pid list menu...?

Ninety8C5
October 22nd, 2008, 04:46 AM

Simon.

I just got that to work. When you change the 'Y' to 'N', remove the comma after the 'N'. Now all the unwanted PID lists will not show up on the V2, even though they are still in the 'Options.txt' file. You still have to number your PIDs by the position in the list (e.g. if your PIDs are the 23 in the list, then that is the number that the V2 looks for, even if there are 15 lists marked 'N' before it.

Hope I explained that correctly.

I still can not get the units conversion to work correctly.

joecar
October 22nd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Firmware 2.06.04 fixes the units conversions.

Do: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Check for new update

and flash the new firmware into V2.

Ninety8C5
October 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Firmware 2.06.04 fixes the units conversions.

Yes it does ! :fluffy: :) :rockon: