PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista??

alz28
October 20th, 2008, 03:55 AM
have just got a new PC with Vista home prem on it but my V2 Install disc doesn't have Vista on it only XP etc. Not wanting to balls up new pc! so do I just download software off here or do I need a new disc? Also I am logging/tuning in XP on laptop are there any issues with reading XP Logs and Tunes on Vista?
Thanks for any help
:cheers:
Al

Jester
October 20th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I log using XP but do transfer the logs to my PC which is running Vista. No problems for me.

Yes you can download V2 from the download section.

alz28
October 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
thanks for that, :grin: not used to vista and I hate computers:throw: give me gears and oil anyday:beer:time

joecar
October 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Should work just fine on Vista... you have to be logged in as Administrator and have all rights/privileges.

And welcome to the forum, Al and Jester... :cheers:

GMPX
October 20th, 2008, 10:32 AM
thanks for that, :grin: not used to vista and I hate computers:throw: give me gears and oil anyday:beer:time
My new laptop came with Vista and HP doesn't offer an UPgrade to XP for my model. If you are always logged in as the Administrator then everything runs fine.

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
October 20th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Alz & Jester!

No worries Ross. I picked up a new Compaq a few months ago and a little diggin on Google turned up all the drivers I needed to upgrade to XP. I don't know that you have that kind of time though...

!hijack

VortechC5
October 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I am running it on Vista Home Primium with no issues at all. I just ran the installation and it worked perfectly.

GMPX
October 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
No worries Ross. I picked up a new Compaq a few months ago and a little diggin on Google turned up all the drivers I needed to upgrade to XP. I don't know that you have that kind of time though...

!hijack
Many did that prior to me (mines a HP), all the links I followed of other peoples quests resulted in it partially working but not 100%. I can live with it because I don't use my laptop daily.

Cheers,
Ross