PDA

View Full Version : Trying to tune air fuel with out auto ve

kmidkiff
October 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
this forum has been a tremendous help to me, everytime ive posted a question it was responded to with overwhelming respone. i need to ask for everyones help again. what is the best way to tune for air fuel ratio using a dyno jet wideband and dyno without the auto ve feature. And will every GM vehicle be tune in basically the same manner. I have been tuning with SCT software for the last 5 years and i am new to the EFI live. Its just alittle bit different than what im used to.:confused:

SSpdDmon
October 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM
How did you do it with SCT?

kmidkiff
October 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
everyting with SCT is done with the Mass air flow. It does not use the VE table for tuning fuel. i was just wondering what table is best to use. and does it change from vehicle to vehicle. I have tried on some beta vehicle using the main ve table and pe modifier. but with limited success. basically this software was dumped on my lap by employer and i am learning how to use it on the fly

GMPX
October 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM
this forum has been a tremendous help to me, everytime ive posted a question it was responded to with overwhelming respone. i need to ask for everyones help again. what is the best way to tune for air fuel ratio using a dyno jet wideband and dyno without the auto ve feature. And will every GM vehicle be tune in basically the same manner. I have been tuning with SCT software for the last 5 years and i am new to the EFI live. Its just alittle bit different than what im used to.:confused:
If you are running with the MAF still, then at WOT you can alter the PE table, or the MAF Flow table if the commanded AFR is not what you see at the WBO2.
If MAFless then you will need to alter VE table if the AFR's are out.
There is a couple of tutorials in the Tune software that gives a run down on these topics.

Cheers,
Ross

dvx
October 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
AutoVE makes it simple. I'm not experienced with the dynojet, but what would it take to get that working? Dial in the VE table, then re-enable the MAF if the car has one and tweak it in.

ChipsByAl
October 21st, 2008, 02:50 PM
If the dyno has the eddy current feature, doing the AutoVE will be a snap. The learning curve might be tough but the rewards will be worth it. Get a mule vehicle to practice on, stock is fine, to see how the process works without any pressure on you.
Al

SSpdDmon
October 21st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah - basically, under B0120, MAF is blended with VE. So technically, you could drop B0120 and adjust the MAF curve until commanded AFR = WBO2 AFR.