PDA

View Full Version : New to Gas tuning, Help please.

DmaxHawk
October 22nd, 2008, 02:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to gas tuning, I have been tuning diesel and am fairly experienced at it but now I have a problem with one of my Vortecs. Its a '99 Escalade with the 5.7 Vortec. I installed a ProCharger supercharger in it. Ever since then, I get a check engine light from it saying that it its running too rich or something of the sort. I'll post up the code when I get it again. Also I get a P0101.

So my question is how can I adjust the trim with EFI Live? Thanks for your help!

Lextech
October 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Your P0101 sounds like you are maxing out the MAF sensor. The Black Box PCM cannot compensate for boost. Are you still using a 1 bar MAP sensor? In my opinion, You would be better off with the 12200411 LS style PCM and a 2 bar MAP sensor. EFILive has custom operating systems for that PCM that are boost friendly. You can install an 0411 PCM in about 3 hours for under 100.00 using a junkyard PCM and 2-80 pin connectors. PM me your E-Mail address if you are interested in the wiring file to install the 0411 into your Escalade.

Jeff

Aloicious
October 26th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Your P0101 sounds like you are maxing out the MAF sensor. The Black Box PCM cannot compensate for boost. Are you still using a 1 bar MAP sensor? In my opinion, You would be better off with the 12200411 LS style PCM and a 2 bar MAP sensor. EFILive has custom operating systems for that PCM that are boost friendly. You can install an 0411 PCM in about 3 hours for under 100.00 using a junkyard PCM and 2-80 pin connectors. PM me your E-Mail address if you are interested in the wiring file to install the 0411 into your Escalade.

Jeff

x2 on the 411, especially if you're running boost. Jeff's wiring file is real simple to follow and the swap is pretty easy. best mod I've done yet (cause otherwise I'd be stuck tuning with the JET DST for my '96 :yucky: )

DmaxHawk
October 27th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Ill give that wiring a try.

Thanks for your help

Aloicious
October 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ill give that wiring a try.

Thanks for your help

how do you like that procharger?

DmaxHawk
October 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM
how do you like that procharger?

I love it! It hauls like a champ, torque management is killing me with launches though, is there a way to take that off?

Aloicious
October 27th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I love it! It hauls like a champ, torque management is killing me with launches though, is there a way to take that off?

yup, I'm not sure on the '99 OS, but with my 411, I eliminated it, as well as the abuse mode. I'm not at my laptop right now, so I don't have any table #'s for you, but do a search on torque management and you should get alot of info.

I've been looking at getting forced induction sometime in the future, I was thinking of a whipple but they're fairly hard to come by since they don't make the '96-98 version anymore, so perhaps a procharger, or turbos...it probably won't happen for a while though. no $$$