PDA

View Full Version : New PID for Lingenfelter launch controller...

WHYTRYZ06
October 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
ok so i select ad.2 pid and then the lingenfelter launch controller pid... what does the pid log???

thanks....

WHYTRYZ06
October 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
anyone???

TFZ_Z06
October 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
ok so i select ad.2 pid and then the lingenfelter launch controller pid... what does the pid log???

thanks....

should be the voltage coming on ad2. You might need a calc pid to convert it to useful data.

WHYTRYZ06
October 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
whats the point in logging it??? the 2step i mean

Beer99C5
October 27th, 2008, 02:36 AM
I am not familiar with two steps yet (other than making some panels with some)...

Seems like it would be nice to know when it was active (compare rev limiting/timing to programmed values w/ active), I would think relay status inputs for the V2 would suffice for that as opposed to using an AD input?

GMPX
October 27th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Used if you have one of these boxes -
http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/l460095297.html

Cheers,
Ross

Beer99C5
October 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Used if you have one of these boxes -
http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/l460095297.html

Cheers,
Ross

I found that ok, and read the instructions before I posted, the question still stands, what does the PID tell you? Is it a AD input or is it more a relay status (on off)...

swingtan
October 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM
From the Lingenfelter LNC-002 page, the following is noted...

Analog voltage output wire for sending timing retard information to data acquisition systems EFILive, HPTuners, DashDAQ, etc.

Then in EFILive the Lingenfelter Launch Control Spark Retard AD-2 PID is described as...

Expression:
Degrees = {EXT.AD2}*5.0

So I'd think that the Lingenfelter controller will output an analogue voltage signal that is a direct representation of the 0' to 15' of spark retard that it is controlling. So it's not a "relay on / off" signal, it'll be a varying voltage, a little like a WB signal.

Now, the Lingenfelter page does not note what the analogue signal limits are, but the EFI PID indicates that the resultant data is {EXT.AD2}*5.0. The Lingenfelter will retard up to 15' so I'd say the analogue signal is 0-3V, 0v = 0 retard, and 3V=15' retard.

Is this what you are after?

Simon

Beer99C5
October 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Yep, Thats pretty neat

jrh
October 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Simon,

That is the correct description of the signal. The LNC-002 timing controller/launch controller outputs a 0 to 3 volt DC signal proportional to 0 to 15 degrees of ignition timing retard with 0 volts being 0 degrees and 3 volts being 15 degrees of retard. Because our box modifies the timing after the ECM/PCM, the ECM/PCM doesn't know what the actual timing being delivered is so we provide the analog voltage output so that you can record and calculate what the actual timing is when our device is retarding the timing (ECM/PCM delivered timing less the amount of retard indicated by the analog output).

From the Lingenfelter LNC-002 page, the following is noted...

Then in EFILive the Lingenfelter Launch Control Spark Retard AD-2 PID is described as...

So I'd think that the Lingenfelter controller will output an analogue voltage signal that is a direct representation of the 0' to 15' of spark retard that it is controlling. So it's not a "relay on / off" signal, it'll be a varying voltage, a little like a WB signal.

Now, the Lingenfelter page does not note what the analogue signal limits are, but the EFI PID indicates that the resultant data is {EXT.AD2}*5.0. The Lingenfelter will retard up to 15' so I'd say the analogue signal is 0-3V, 0v = 0 retard, and 3V=15' retard.

Is this what you are after?

Simon

WHYTRYZ06
October 28th, 2008, 11:55 PM
thanks guys, i prob would not log the device, but its a cool feature...