PDA

View Full Version : Problem when plugging in V2 to LMM, Ross look

rcr1978
October 23rd, 2008, 01:38 AM
Well I just downloaded the new update 7.5.5 and new Explorer 8.1.2 updated to latest boot block and firmware. My problem is when I plug the V2 in. First time I tried it no problems but I don't think the cruise control was on, yesterday I was driving with the cruise control on and I plugged in the V2 my cruise shutoff and then the check engine, brake, and ABS lights all came on and stayed on. The seat belt chime also went of for a few seconds. I unplugged the V2 and tried again to see what would happen it shut the cruise off again, hooked up the laptop to see what codes where there and I had two P0606 codes they did clear and everything went back to normal. The above happend exactly the same two times. The third time I tried I lost my cruise control for good even after clearing the codes P0606 until I pulled over and turned the truck on and off.

Also on the V2 alot of the pids are not reading at all or incorrectly during BBl. I have not tried any flashing yet I'm a little gunshy after what happened above.

Thanks
Robert

Blacky
October 23rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
We're still checking out the P0606 issue. But on the PIDs issue have you copied the new *.pmm files to your FlashScan device?

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
October 23rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
yep coppied the new files over, at least now I don't have to use the LBZ pids I can use the LMM's. I tried useing my V2 again today and I did find that it only causes problems when the cruise control is on.

Thanks

Blacky
October 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Try logging PIDS CCHIST1 thru CCHIST8 which report the Cruise Control Disengage History. They give the reason that the cruise control was disengaged. They may shed some light on what is happening.
There's about 32 different reasons, the PIDs should report a number between 1 and 32, let me know what each of them report and I'll look up the associated disengage reasons.

Regards
Paul

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
October 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
I will give them a try if I can find them but I don't remember seeing them as a valid pid on the list for pass through, do I need to edit the options ini file to get them for bbl?

Blacky
October 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
They are listed as valid for the LBZ and LMM for BB Logging:

CCHIST1 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 1 (Count)
CCHIST2 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 2 (Count)
CCHIST3 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 3 (Count)
CCHIST4 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 4 (Count)
CCHIST5 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 5 (Count)
CCHIST6 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 6 (Count)
CCHIST7 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 7 (Count)
CCHIST8 [1] Cruise Control disengage history 8 (Count)Regards

Paul

Blacky
October 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
They are not supported in pass through mode so you won't be able to see them on the PC. You'll just have to note down their values on FlashScan's screen during black box logging.

You'll need to add them into the Options.txt file.

Regards
Paul

wildonwheels
October 24th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Well I just downloaded the new update 7.5.5 and new Explorer 8.1.2 updated to latest boot block and firmware. My problem is when I plug the V2 in. First time I tried it no problems but I don't think the cruise control was on, yesterday I was driving with the cruise control on and I plugged in the V2 my cruise shutoff and then the check engine, brake, and ABS lights all came on and stayed on. The seat belt chime also went of for a few seconds. I unplugged the V2 and tried again to see what would happen it shut the cruise off again, hooked up the laptop to see what codes where there and I had two P0606 codes they did clear and everything went back to normal. The above happend exactly the same two times. The third time I tried I lost my cruise control for good even after clearing the codes P0606 until I pulled over and turned the truck on and off.

Also on the V2 alot of the pids are not reading at all or incorrectly during BBl. I have not tried any flashing yet I'm a little gunshy after what happened above.

Thanks
Robert

I had the P0606 problem a couple months ago... It ended up being in table{B1115}pedal position to desired torque.. Mistakenly when making the map I did ctrl+a and clicked to smooth cell tab twice, well I failed to noticed that put a value in the 0 column and once I fixed that the problem was gone.

rcr1978
October 24th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I have been running the same tune with no recent changes for a while the problem arose after the new update.

rcr1978
October 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Paul, here is the logs #'s 2&3 I could not get anything to happen and #4 it kicked the cruise off and coded P0606. I don't know if they will do you any good I opened them in the scan tool and it does not show the CCHIST pids. :confused:
Let me know if I can try and do more

rcr1978
October 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Paul, I read your post wrong above so I'm assuming these logs are no good to you. I wil try and write them down next time.

Blacky
October 29th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Paul, I read your post wrong above so I'm assuming these logs are no good to you. I wil try and write them down next time.

Yes and no. I could dump out the log files and using a hex editor find the disengage history PIDs and figure it all out. I just haven't had time to do that.

It would be much easier (for me) if you noted the values of those PIDs direct form FlashScan's screen immediately before activating cruise and immediately after the cruise disengages.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
October 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Ok Paul I tried again here you go

Before Counts After Counts when cruise kicks off
CHHistory1 2 1
CHHistory2 0 2
CHHistory3 2 0
CHHistory4 0 2
CHHistory5 2 0
CHHistory6 0 2
CHHistory7 2 0
CHHistory8 0 2

I was messing around with and found that latest reason for the cruise to kick off is at the top #1 then works its way down the list.

I found that if the brake is touched 0 will be the count #, 2 for the cruise disable, 13 if the cruise switch isturned off, 3 if the gear selector is moved to Nuetral, and 1 happens when the cruise is kicked off due to the V2 being plugged in.

Hope this helps sorry the page won't post how I set it up

Blacky
October 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
What you observed matched with the various values:

0 = Brake applied
1 = Brake before cruise
2 = Cancel switch activate
3 = Clutch pedal applied (same as neutral I guess)
13 = Cruise switch off.

I don't know what option 1 actually means: "Brake before cruise", maybe it means the ECM detected the brake was applied before cruise was requested. But that doesn't match your observations, does it? Try logging the brake pedal PID to see if there is some sort of fault in the way the ECM determines if the brake pedal is applied. BB Logging PID: "BRKR".

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
November 8th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Paul, I logged the BRKR pid and I found that there was no changes in the pids unless there was something I did like, touch the brake pedal, ect. Another thing since that set of pids only monitors whats going on at the time and not history I don't think it is seeing what is going on becaus it only happens when the V2 is plugged in, I can't log that I have to set it up and then there is no more problems. Now when I plug in the V2 it just kills the cruise at the time no codes or any other weird things anymore. I can reactivate the cruise now with the V2 plugged in after the cruise shuts off.

BPIT - off
BPITF - off
BPMT - off
BPMJF -off
BPA - inactive, this is active with the brake switch
BPSW - inactive, this is active with the brake switch
EBPSW - inactive

Nothing else ever changes.

Blacky
November 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Right now I don't have any new suggestions or ways to figure out what the problem is.
Regards
Paul

rcr1978
November 11th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Am I the only one seeing this just want to make sure it's not the truck? Previous software I had no problems though.

Blacky
November 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yours is the only report we've had of it happening. If you get a chance to try it on an identical truck that would give an idea of whether it was the truck or FlashScan.

FlashScan does send out a few messages onto the CAN bus when it is connected. It may be that the cruise in your truck is set to disconnect when it sees one of those messages.

One other thing to try is to plug in FlashScan, then set cruise, then while "cruising" get a passenger to press Ctrl+Cancel on FlashScan's keypad. That will reboot FlashScan and re-send the same messages that get sent at startup.

If the cruise terminates then it is likely one of the startup messages is causing problems. If the cruise does not terminate, then it is likely some electronic/electrical isse that is only present when FlashScan is physically connected to the CAN bus is causing problems.

As a last resort, do you know anyone with a FlashScan unit close by (or are you near one of our resellers)? It could be worth trying a different unit to make sure it is not a fault in your FlashScan unit.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
November 21st, 2008, 02:58 AM
Truck just quit doing this for the last week or so now I can't duplicate the problem. I had a battery ground issue I resolved, I guess it's possible they were related. If it happens again I will keep trying to figure it out and try the things mentioned above.