PDA

View Full Version : fjo serial cable questions..please help

articSS
October 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
has any one made a serial cable for the fjo wb to connect to the v2 yet? thx.

joecar
October 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Post pictures of your FJO showing the serial port on it...

If it has a DB9 connector, then all you will need is a DB9 cable and the null-modem adapter.

articSS
October 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
it does not have a connector just wires. this is what the manual says" This will require that your PC have a serial port or USB/serial adapter. To install the black PC serial cable, connect the red wire from the PC cable to the white/green wire of the controller. Now connect the brown wire from the PC cable to the white/red wire of the controller. Finally, connect the black wire from the PC cable to a good ground point. The PC cable can now be connected to the serial port of your PC.

joecar
October 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Which PC serial cable...?

If you can identify Tx, Rx, and Gnd it is very simple to make a cable.

articSS
October 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
the manual i have is this one it dosent say tx or rx? i cant upload yhe manual it too big to attach but i downloaded off of fjo.com

mr.prick
October 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
MAKE SURE WITH FJO

connect the red wire from the PC cable to the white/green wire of the controller. Now connect the brown wire from the PC cable to the white/red wire of the controller. Finally, connect the black wire from the PC cable to a good ground point
http://www.lammertbies.nl/picture/db9_pin_name.png

it seems the white/green wire is TX and, the white/red wire is RX.

RJ12
1 = Tx Data
2 = Rx Data
5 = Ground

articSS
October 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
fjo support said it would not work with serial only analog so im buying a new wideband. any suggestions?

mr.prick
October 28th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Lc-1