PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control System

meshoooo
October 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hi friends ,

I would like to ask if I start a race from lets say with 50 Miles speed is there any relation/changes between keeping the traction control On or OFF ?

Regards.

My Car : C6 ZO6

Biggsy
October 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I don't know about your car but in a Holden, the traction control system backs the throttle blade off AND retards timing to control wheel traction. I have logged large amounts of timing retard from traction control system. So, I guess the answer is yes, there can be a difference, but not always.

meshoooo
October 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I don't know about your car but in a Holden, the traction control system backs the throttle blade off AND retards timing to control wheel traction. I have logged large amounts of timing retard from traction control system. So, I guess the answer is yes, there can be a difference, but not always.

Hi,

Actually I`m asking to confirm that .. cause I was facing misfiring in high rpm ... yesterday I tried to switch the traction control system OFF then I went for a test tow times ... the misfire is not there ! ... :fluffy:

Biggsy
October 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi,

Actually I`m asking to confirm that .. cause I was facing misfiring in high rpm ... yesterday I tried to switch the traction control system OFF then I went for a test tow times ... the misfire is not there ! ... :fluffy:

I don't get misfire happening but log shows timing drop.

joecar
October 25th, 2008, 04:47 AM
He he he :hihi:... you can spin the tyres at 50 mph...:good:...fast car, good job Mishal...:cheers:

Yes, Biggsy/Dave is correct, TC causes PCM to reduce timing and throttle when the ABS controller determines that there is some amount of loss of traction.

Do you have cable throttle or drive-by-wire...?

It is a misfire and not a detonation/ping/knock event...?

Does the misfire show up on the log...?
Is the misfire "observable" without looking at the log...?

meshoooo
October 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM
He he he :hihi:... you can spin the tyres at 50 mph...:good:...fast car, good job Mishal...:cheers:

Yes, Biggsy/Dave is correct, TC causes PCM to reduce timing and throttle when the ABS controller determines that there is some amount of loss of traction.

Do you have cable throttle or drive-by-wire...?

It is a misfire and not a detonation/ping/knock event...?

Does the misfire show up on the log...?
Is the misfire "observable" without looking at the log...?

Sorry Joe I`m not that much experience ... you have my files ....:help2:

joecar
October 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Can you post a photograph of your engine compartment.