PDA

View Full Version : I've got to Vent

MN C5
October 24th, 2008, 01:58 PM
1st. I'm ticked because my V2 doesn't seem to want to stop flashing its amber lights after upgrading or Trying to update the Boot Block and Firmware.

2nd. There are various readme's and threads containing links to this that and the other thing all over this place. It kind of pisses me off... The directions have more if then else or but for's in them WTF.

3rd. What kind of mess am I in? I followed the 1st. set of instructions I came to "almost useless" which lead me to search the form for another set of directions...ect.. I went as far as checking the Boot Loader box and programming it and I think that worked. I then went on to try to load the firmware and I got a error $00091 or something so I tried again notta, zippo the amber lights are blinking... What should I do?

MN C5
October 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
"Bootblock programming completed successfully. Please reprogram the latest firmware"

Ok I've verified that process and its repeatable. What next?

swingtan
October 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I take it that you are trying to program the firmware while it's in "dead poll" mode? ( I.E. The orange lights are flashing )

MN C5
October 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Yea, what the frick... I thought the directions said EFILive Explorer didn't require me to put it in Dead Poll and I didn't. I was dragging the wrong file to the dialog box....

swingtan
October 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Did you make sure that the "boot block" option was checked when you programmed the V2?

Have you tried disconnecting the V2 from both the the car and the USB port to remove power, then reconnect it?

MN C5
October 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your help... it appears to be working I'm going to drag it out to my truck and see if the updates will allow FlashScan to work. I was having some issues with it not scanning and I'm hoping this will take care of it.

swingtan
October 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
NP. Glad to help.

joecar
October 24th, 2008, 03:58 PM
When you open EE, goto the Firmware tab, click Refresh, and take a screenshot and post it here...

XLR8NSS
October 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Also, check to make sure you don't have too many PIDS selected. That will make the scan act like it's locked up. I know from personal experience. lol

joecar
October 25th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Keep channel count <= 24.

MN C5
October 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The scanning issue went away with the new version build 72...

John, I'm assuming my trucks got 9lbs of boost based on your experience with the 2.8 pulley. It barks the tires when it hits 3rd..:cucumber: that's if its hooked up by then....

I really like the Mast Motorsports cam its a TQ monster. I'm still to rich a 10.3 AFR and 14.5 degrees of timing but until I get my 4wd switch more power won't do me any good.

XLR8NSS
October 26th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Sounds like fun!! :D Lean it out a little but, watch that timing. 14 is all I can run but, you're cam might help you out with that.

You need a different 4wd switch for the transfer case?

MN C5
October 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Yep, I bought the transfer case and transmission at the same time. The wiring is different at the T-Case plug end. By the time I get this ironed out Chevy will be shipping VMax's with the 6sp...lol..

JR-CRUZN-C5
October 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Renamed my "changed" files to .old, moved them to a folder called EFILive.temp, uninstaled the V7 & V8, Downloaded the new "stuff" and selected run, connected my V2, opened V8 Explorer and everything seemed to update automatically. Moved the .old files to their new locations, deleted the duplicate files not .old and everything seems to work fine!!!!!

A bit cumbersome but I'm sure this will all pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR

(My Street Legal "Barbie Vette" just ran 9.25 @ 146, with a 5.91 1/8th mile, and a 1.35 60') THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!