PDA

View Full Version : Will we have support for this controller??

Redline Motorsports
October 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Any idea if we will have support, or possible do, for the Bosch Motronic MED9 controller? It is used to operate the 3.6L V6 VVT.

Howard

GMPX
October 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
No plans to offer support for that one. the 'D' in the MED means it is for the direct injection motor.

GTPprix
October 30th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I would recommend supporting that controller, the GM name is E69-4 and it not only controls the 3.6L LLT currently in the Cadillac it will also be found in the base G8 as well as the base Camaro so there will be a TON of them out there :)

Redline Motorsports
October 31st, 2008, 01:08 AM
I would recommend supporting that controller, the GM name is E69-4 and it not only controls the 3.6L LLT currently in the Cadillac it will also be found in the base G8 as well as the base Camaro so there will be a TON of them out there :)

That was exactly my point! I have some big projects coming up with the 2010 Camaro and believe that controller will be operating the 3.6L DI motor in the 6 banger. Our primary car is the LS3 powered SS but the 6 will be a player in the performance market as well.

If I am not mistaken, isn't that controller in the caddy with the same processor?

Howard

GTPprix
October 31st, 2008, 01:10 AM
That was exactly my point! I have some big projects coming up with the 2010 Camaro and believe that controller will be operating the 3.6L DI motor in the 6 banger. Our primary car is the LS3 powered SS but the 6 will be a player in the performance market as well.

If I am not mistaken, isn't that controller in the caddy with the same processor?

Howard

You got it! I've actually driven a V6 Camaro and it was in fact the E69-4 so add the G8 getting the LLT next year and it sounds like a no brainer :) I've got the LLT in my caddy and I'm dying to see what it'll do on premium!

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2008, 04:17 PM
From what I have heard from some birdies, the E38 can handle the direct injection and VVT on that motor. I guess we'll see!

Howard

GMPX
November 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I doubt it, DI requires injector drivers a little more complex than the E38 has.
We get ECM support requests that cover Tata's to 2010 V6 Camaro's. SEMA gives us a great opportunity to get a feel for what the market is looking for based on visitors questions and looking around.
Our 2009 plans are loosely mapped out and at this stage DI V6's are not on the map.

Cheers,
Ross

GTPprix
November 20th, 2008, 03:40 AM
I doubt it, DI requires injector drivers a little more complex than the E38 has.
We get ECM support requests that cover Tata's to 2010 V6 Camaro's. SEMA gives us a great opportunity to get a feel for what the market is looking for based on visitors questions and looking around.
Our 2009 plans are loosely mapped out and at this stage DI V6's are not on the map.

Cheers,
Ross

Well the 2010 V6 Camaro uses the E69-4 so uhm... that mean we are gonna get it? heheheeh :D I know I know I kid...