PDA

View Full Version : E67 Hybrid Support

GMPX
October 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hi All,

We now offer tuning support for GM's Hybrid vehicles from 2007 up using the E67 ECM such as the AURA, TAHOE, MALIBU.

The tuning functions for the Hybrids is reduced compared to the normal gas only engines, however, what is there is the important tables needed for general power upgrades or efficiency. Because these vehicles will never see radical camshafts etc we felt there was no need to invest the engineering time to add in the current 600+ tuning parameters we have on the E67.

Hybrid tuning does not support the modification (or scanning) of the electric drive system, only the gas motor.

You must be running EFILive V7.5.5 or higher for Hybrid support, this can be downloaded from HERE (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124).

Cheers,
Ross

Ed Blown Vert
October 31st, 2008, 10:03 AM
Damn, I was hoping for some support for the Electric side.

IE. Battery State of Charge. Keeping the vehicle in Electric longer....etc...

Highlander
November 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeap.. that would be awesome for my boss!!! and to advertise better MPG...

gltech
January 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi all. Great forum.

The tuning functions for the Hybrids is reduced compared to the normal gas only engines, however, what is there is the important tables needed for general power upgrades or efficiency.

I assume all the Active Fuel Management tweaks are there?

Damn, I was hoping for some support for the Electric side.

IE. Battery State of Charge. Keeping the vehicle in Electric longer....etc...

Ditto. I have an 08 Tahoe Hybrid, and you don't have to drive it long to realize that it's way too eager to kick out of electric-only mode, and also way too eager to kick out of V4 into V8. I believe proper corrections would up the mileage significantly. I've been able to increase highway mileage from ~23-24 to ~26-27 by watching the V4/V8 mode indicator and throttling to keep it in V4 as much as possible.

Cheers, :cheers:
-Glenn

GMPX
January 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
AFM controls are not in the current Hybrid calibrations because so far we only have files sent to us from the 2.4L Hybrid cars. If you have read your Tahoe's ECM & TCM please feel free to Email the files to support@efilive.com and we will see what can be done for the V8 hybrids.

I'm not actually sure which computer is the decision maker between electric and gas mode, I'd say it's all done on the electric side of things.

BTW, there is an insane number of E67 OS's for the Hybrids out there, so if you do come across one don't be surprised if it's not supported in our current software releases.

Cheers,
Ross

GTPprix
January 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I've got access to an 08 Hybrid Tahoe that I'm sure I could con the owner into playing with let me see what I can do :)

Ed Blown Vert
January 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
I've got access to an 08 Hybrid Tahoe that I'm sure I could con the owner into playing with let me see what I can do :)

:grd: :)

GTPprix
January 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'm in Mexico right now, as soon as I Get back its on the "list" pretty high too :D

Ed Blown Vert
February 26th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Nothing yet I guess.

I just tried reading it with HPTuners. Nothing. Damn.
I want to be able to tune this thing.

GMPX
March 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Nothing yet I guess.

I just tried reading it with HPTuners. Nothing. Damn.
I want to be able to tune this thing.
I take it you don't have EFILive then? We will certainly be able to read any Hybrid ECM (as an E67), adding tuning support for what I would assume is going to be an unsupported OS would only take a day or two (a week worst case).
So far though nobody has Emailed us with a Hybrid V8 file.

Cheers,
Ross

Ed Blown Vert
March 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
I take it you don't have EFILive then? We will certainly be able to read any Hybrid ECM (as an E67), adding tuning support for what I would assume is going to be an unsupported OS would only take a day or two (a week worst case).
So far though nobody has Emailed us with a Hybrid V8 file.

Cheers,
Ross

Yes I do have EFILive, but only FlashScan V1 Commercial .

I considered upgrading, but over $500 for something that may work is something I am not ready to do yet.

GTPprix
March 1st, 2009, 02:31 PM
I apologize, my friend that has one has been damn near impossible to get ahold of and I dont have ANY to play around with at work. The second I get one I'll read it!

Ed Blown Vert
March 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Where are you located?

GMPX
March 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM
I considered upgrading, but over $500 for something that may work is something I am not ready to do yet.
I can appreciate that. I suppose we can put a call out to someone in the San Diego area with a V2 to maybe meet up with you to read the tune out, reading an ECM is free apart from time.

Cheers,
Ross

GTPprix
March 30th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Finally got around to trying an 08 Yukon with the E67 Hybrid, no love :(

Ed Blown Vert
June 23rd, 2009, 04:20 AM
I can appreciate that. I suppose we can put a call out to someone in the San Diego area with a V2 to maybe meet up with you to read the tune out, reading an ECM is free apart from time.

Cheers,
Ross

I would be willing if there was someone out here.

Finally got around to trying an 08 Yukon with the E67 Hybrid, no love :(

That sucks. :(

Ed Blown Vert
July 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Is 12630028 supported?

GMPX
July 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
No, that is not an OS we have seen before.
If we can get the tune file support can be added.

Cheers,
Ross

Ed Blown Vert
July 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM
No, that is not an OS we have seen before.
If we can get the tune file support can be added.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks, I'll consider spending the $$$ to upgrade.

GAMEOVER
July 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Which part of San Diego are you from/live? Besides the Sunny part...:D

Ed Blown Vert
July 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I am near SDSU

Russell
February 23rd, 2020, 09:08 AM
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead after over 10 years.

I've got an 09 Tahoe Hybrid with a 6.0L LFA engine that I just tried to read with my V2 to see what was available for tables. It caused all manner of serial communication faults and DTCs set in multiple modules along with an error from both V7.5 and V8 stating that the ECM was out of range. I selected E67 for the ECM. I think it may be an E67A though? I didn't see that as an option in the list. Obviously, the download failed. I was able to reset everything with my Tech 2 and the vehicle suffered no ill effect. Am I safe to assume that these V8 hybrid ECMs are completely unsupported?

I was mostly looking to see if I could disable AFM / VVT or see if it was possible to swap to a different engine segment to allow me to swap something other than the 6.0L engine in if the engine packs it in due to AFM mechanical issues.

GMPX
February 23rd, 2020, 10:03 AM
Yeah sorry, dead and buried on the E67A, in fact it never got off the ground.

In-Tech
February 23rd, 2020, 12:59 PM
Sorry, edited post