PDA

View Full Version : serial wideband

articSS
October 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
i am getting rid of my fjo unit so i can log with the serial port on the v2. heres the question, whats the best unit (accuracy) and whats the easiest to set up.lol. help me out guys which wideband should i buy?

joecar
October 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
If you get an LC-1 you can then get a ready made LC-1 serial cable from TAQuickness.

articSS
October 28th, 2008, 04:19 PM
sounds like thats the route im going

TAQuickness
October 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm using a dual channel LM-2. A bit overkill if all you want is WB data, but it supports other vehicles as well. Prior to that, I ran a dual LC-1 setup.

TAQuickness
October 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Send me a PM and let me know what you want for that FJO unit.

IAMGEZO
December 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
OK GUYS
I JUST GOT SET UP WITH A V2, AND AN LC1. BUILT A BENCH BREAKOUT POWER SUPPLY, RE-PROGRAMMED A ROAD RUNNER (GREAT ITEM), HOOKED UP THE NEW LC1 DID THE SET-UP PRE HEAT AND FREE AIR CAL. ON THE LC-1 HOOKED UP THE NICE FANCY LC1 SERIAL TO V2 CABLE > PULLED UP BOTH THE efi LIVE AND ta QUICKNESS; WIDE BAND SERIAL TUTORIALS AND GOT STOPPED DEAD AT STEP 5. MY ONE MONTH OLD V2 DOESN'T HAVE AN: F1 'SETUP SCREEN UNDER THE F4 OPTIONS. >UNDER THE OPTIONS SCREEN ARE THE FOLLOWING: F1- LICENSING, F2 MEMORY CARD, F3 SECURITY, F4 SELF TESTS. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SETUP OPTION? WHAT AM I MISSING?? DID SOMEONE FORGET TO UPDATE THE TUTORIALS TO MATCH A CHANGE IN THE V2 SCREENS??? HELP CAN'T FIND THE "SET MENU ON THE V 2??

mr.prick
December 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
it sounds like something is way wrong if you get options like you posted.
what is the bootblock and firmware you have installed?
F4>F1>F1

IAMGEZO
December 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Got the v 2 from craig moates with the road runner. Don't have it available right now , but do remember an april 08 sofware date coming up on the console screen (f6) of the scan tool software on the pc where it gives status of the cable. Do i need to upgrade the boot block and firmware of the (v2)cable?? Or is there somewhere else in the v 2 options i can get to "settings" (f4>f1>f1 per the tutorials) in the v2 to confgure the wide band? Thanks mike

joecar
December 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
You will need to download the V7.5 and V8 software from here (two downloads):
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124

Then:
1. install V7.5 from the above downloads;
2. install V8 from the above downloads;
3. Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;
4. Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;

Then: read and understand the attached document (serveral times) before upgrading your V2 bootblock/firmware...

the upgrade involves many steps, but is easy if you understand the document.

Failure to understand the document may cause you various headaches.

:)

joecar
December 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Pay attention to this post: showthread.php?t=8834 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8834)

IAMGEZO
December 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Kinda had a feeling that was the case, but the tutorials didn't specify firmware revision, although I see the Efi wideband serial tutorial was revised in September 08 Thanks much for the input. I had been intending to update the v2 cable, but felt a little more experience would help. I had read the info last month and you confirmed it>>> PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
THANKS

joecar
December 19th, 2008, 07:04 AM
If you follow that doc exactly step by step, then you will be fine (a little tedious, but fine). :cheers: