PDA

View Full Version : P2724

KenB
October 29th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Anyone have any information about this code?

"Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid E Stuck On"

This is an 08 Vette with a cam, headers and Vortech. I'm leaning toward an electrical issue. On the dyno it was breaking up a bit even with the plugs gapped down. It's an auto and made 560 rwhp. Even with the plugs at .028 it would break up occassionally.

I had the car anywhere from high 10's A/F and 15* of timing up to mid 11's and 18* with no real change in the breakup issue. Cooler engine did help.

Decided to take it for a spin and right as it tried to go into 3rd gear the tranny flared and threw the P2724 code.

I did not do any of the install and I'm wondering if there is a pinched wire somewhere.

He took it to the dealer (works for another dealer of their's) and they replaced the solenoid in question but with no change. It doesn't always do it when shifting but probably 1/4 of the time. Not sure what to do next. I'm assuming the breaking up issue and this code are related. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've searched alot for this code and talked to quite a few people and no one has really seen it.

Ken

joecar
October 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
If the PCS is physically stuck on (i.e. 100% duty cycle, all the way on) then each upshift would be pretty firm... is this what you see/feel...?

If so then it may be a wire shorted to ground... all upshifts would be firm/hard.

If the upshifts are weak then it may be a broken wire... PCS would not be increasing pressure so clutches slip.

KenB
October 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
If the PCS is physically stuck on (i.e. 100% duty cycle, all the way on) then each upshift would be pretty firm... is this what you see/feel...?

If so then it may be a wire shorted to ground... all upshifts would be firm/hard.

If the upshifts are weak then it may be a broken wire... PCS would not be increasing pressure so clutches slip.

No actually, just the opposite. It flares on the shift. When the flare is big is when I get the code. It doesn't always flare. But the shift is never firm.

If it's wiring, I don't know where to start...

eboggs_jkvl
October 30th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Go here and scroll down to the A6

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2860923#post2860923

Elmer

joecar
October 30th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Oh, I should have asked which trans... 6L80...

flare == slip happening... Elmer's LS2 link should help.