PDA

View Full Version : Triggers for Scan Tool

LBZRCKS
October 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I was wondering how and if there is any ways to somehow start recording and stop recording on the scan tool with maybe just a button or maybe some kind of usb device. Like if you had the laptop closed and want to start a log, you can just press a button and once you are done you can maybe just press another button to stop recording:grin:

Thanks

tinman22
November 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
I just use f3 and f4. but that does require the laptop to be open. it works for me better than chasing the start and stop buttons at the bottom

LBZRCKS
November 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Ok, thank you. Is there a way to change the buttons that start and stop? instead of f3 or f4, maybe have a number like 5 or whatever? that way you could close the laptop and secure it if need be and use a usb #pad or something?

macca_779
November 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
An even better option would be to be able to command start/stop/pause from the V2 while in Pass Through Mode.

tinman22
November 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
these ideas wouldnt work with my laptop. when I close the lid it goes into a hibernation or sleeping mode. not sure if this is something I could change in the settings.

macca_779
November 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM
these ideas wouldnt work with my laptop. when I close the lid it goes into a hibernation or sleeping mode. not sure if this is something I could change in the settings.

In power settings change the what to do when lid is closed to do nothing.