PDA

View Full Version : Speed density run.

nissmo
October 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Howdy Guys, got the 2.5' pulley and place it on the whipple ...did a run with the speed density tune and I notive knock and seems on the tables that the tahoe is Starving from Fuel, Header Glow orange at nite ..*Yikes*
I see 75% duty cycle on the 39lb injectors, and I notice that the A/F varies..
2 bar map Gives me a 172kpA max I think.
Any opinions? suggestions? Upgrade Injectors, timing??

Dont want to keep my mouth close and blow the engine, I Rather Ask :)

Gilbert

5.7ute
October 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Howdy Guys, got the 2.5' pulley and place it on the whipple ...did a run with the speed density tune and I notive knock and seems on the tables that the tahoe is Starving from Fuel, Header Glow orange at nite ..*Yikes*
I see 75% duty cycle on the 39lb injectors, and I notice that the A/F varies..
2 bar map Gives me a 172kpA max I think.
Any opinions? suggestions? Upgrade Injectors, timing??

Dont want to keep my mouth close and blow the engine, I Rather Ask :)

Gilbert

First thing I would do is invest in a wideband o2 sensor & follow the autoVE procedure. This will help get your fuelling in line. Your boost VE table for starters is definately incorrect as it should increase with map, not be a flat table like yours.(unless you are using a step up regulator for fuel pressure.)
It might be a good idea to fully list your mods.
Cheers Mick

joecar
October 30th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Gilbert,

Does just 1 or 2 primary pipes glow, or do all of them glow...?

nissmo
October 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Gilbert,

Does just 1 or 2 primary pipes glow, or do all of them glow...?

Hey joe!

well Very First time that I notice that I was Running on the sand dunes and the compleate exhaust was orange, including cats and Flow master, last nite since I did a Couple of runs Only the Left side sitting on the Vehicle and part of the Y pipe.

Gilbert

nissmo
October 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
First thing I would do is invest in a wideband o2 sensor & follow the autoVE procedure. This will help get your fuelling in line. Your boost VE table for starters is definately incorrect as it should increase with map, not be a flat table like yours.(unless you are using a step up regulator for fuel pressure.)
It might be a good idea to fully list your mods.
Cheers Mick

I do Have a WB mods are 2 bar map, 39lb injectors, 411 ecm,walbro 255.

5.7ute
October 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I do Have a WB mods are 2 bar map, 39lb injectors, 411 ecm,walbro 255.

No worries. Wideband data is not in your log so your actual AFR is just guesswork from the o2 sensor data.

nissmo
October 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hope I did it Right this time.

joecar
October 30th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hope I did it Right this time.Gilbert,

Both wideband AFR pids look flat...

Also, look at IAT... it is going off the scale... something might be wrong with it.

nonnieselman
October 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Did yall see the codes it was throwing?

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
P0112 "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low" ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0341 "Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 1 Sensor A" ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0102 "Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low" PHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0112 "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low" PC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0341 "Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 1 Sensor A" PC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P1112 "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage" PH ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P1665 "Engine Oil Pressure Output Circuit" PHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

History data