PDA

View Full Version : A6 Cal Shift Points Not Matching Actuals

gmh308
October 30th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Anyone had any experience with calibrated shift points, not matching the actual logged shift points, on A6's or even A4's?

This is with the speedo setup being correct on the ECM and TCM, with speedo indicating within 0.5%.

Actual shift points, both up and down, and TCC engage points, are around 20% lower than the calibration.

Yes it can be fixed by increasing calibrated shift points, but though there is maybe something else I am missing! :shock:

cheers.

gmh308
November 1st, 2008, 02:00 PM
Anyone had any experience with calibrated shift points, not matching the actual logged shift points, on A6's or even A4's?

This is with the speedo setup being correct on the ECM and TCM, with speedo indicating within 0.5%.

Actual shift points, both up and down, and TCC engage points, are around 20% lower than the calibration.

Yes it can be fixed by increasing calibrated shift points, but though there is maybe something else I am missing! :shock:

cheers.

At a guess, it would make logical sense, and be consistent given the variable loads these transmissions need to encounter, that there would be a torque based modifier to the alter shift patterns based on currently delivered engine torque. The mismatch I am experiencing is mainly light throttle (7-12% at the pedal), so maybe the strategy is to get to the highest gear as soon as possible under very light load.

Anyone have any feedback on this? My Helms has not arrived yet. If that even covers that deeeeep. :shock: