PDA

View Full Version : pre-ignition

drdarthinvader
October 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM
hi everyone
ive had 6 entries of tuning auto ve table -just wondering what would be the next step ?.....maybe addressing the kr i seem to be getting pre ignition between 1500-2000?

joecar
October 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
I don't know... but get your channel count to 24 or less...

Channel count <= 24 means 10 samples/second
Channel count > 24 means 5 samaples/second

Remove LONGFT1 and LONGFT2.

Fix that and then to do another pass.

VE table looks ok, except high end of it looks like it hasn't been hit yet.

Might want to go richer on high MAP end of B3605 (the flat area)... say 12.6 AFR... in most cases I see your knock occurs right at the cusp of the flat part B3605, right where the operating point "enters" the flat 12.95 AFR (1.13 EQ) area.

drdarthinvader
November 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
this is my recient log and ve table update ....what do u think? im still getting kr but not as bad might need some pointers on high oct spark table.or a new map ?

jfclubby
November 5th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Hi drdarthinvader, Can you tell me what mods have been done to the car? Your high octane table looks very tame to me:cheers:

Regards James

drdarthinvader
November 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
yes .ive got 3:91s diff -k&n intake- pacemakers 4into1 with 2.5" system
-race 3"cats -heads throated and ported -std cam -std bottom end
-160*thermostat-

jfclubby
November 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Hi mate, With those mods i'd expect to see some more timing than that. Before I installed the cam into my clubby I had very similer mods to you and was running a COS5 mafless tune making 240rwkw with the A4. My WOT timing in that tune was about 23-24 degrees at .80 grams/cyl and more mid table aswell. Also keep in mind that a loose exhaust hitting the under body can also trigger a false KR or any other loose parts for that matter, (these knock sensors have been known to be very sensitive). Here is one of my mafless tunes that I started with when I had similer mods to you, Have a look and you'll see the difference in the tables. I hope this has helped some more.

Regards James.

drdarthinvader
November 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
thanks for that i noticed a difference in ve tables not real 100% on mine eg down low at 15 grams its down to 9's is that dfco being disabled??? i think i might still dwell on getting the ve right before i move on to spark tables

jfclubby
November 7th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hi Mate, Use my spark table as a base and do another auto ve set and see how it feels, remember when you make changes to spark tables you should always revise your VE table as the two go hand in hand. Do another auto ve and take some logs then post them up for us to look at. I would also recomend that you consider changing to one of the custom operating systems to take advantage of the extra tables and features they offer:)

Let me know how you go:cheers:

Regards James.

drdarthinvader
November 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
ive used your spark tables in high, low oct spark and pasted to base and in gear tables also removed the cats (had the wb lc1 after the cats )this is todays log have some kr but when at wot nothing ? beats the hell out of me also pasted todays log to the ve table so will see more improvement .let me know what u think.......

jfclubby
November 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Steve, The only thing that i can see that stands out with the KR problem is that most of the knock is happening when the IAT's get above the 48 deg mark and there was no KR untill towards the end of the log (that's when IAT's get high) Keep pulling timing see if it goes away.

Another thing i see is that your cruising afr's are more often rich than lean,They could be leaner. (FUEL SAVING)
Most of your LC1 AFR's seem to be in line with the commanded AFR, Thats good:) Overall how did it feel with more timing, did you notice any better response?

Hopefully someone else can chime in and spot somthing that i cant, Heaps of very clued up people on here, You should be able to get it sorted.
Are you considering a custom operating system yet? Sorry for the late reply, Had a huge weekend!!!!

Regards James.

drdarthinvader
November 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
thanks for the .tun file, goes better overall .
im only running the com fuel table as a main (only)fuel table ive only got spark vs IAT on -no other features enabled. i will upgrade to the 2/3 opperating system for the magna charger i have in the shed.sort of working(learning) my way up.
i can tweek with the com fuel table for fuel eco the 12.63 a/f starts at 55kpa and spark vs iat to come in sooner 45*-50*c:tree:

jfclubby
November 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hi Steve, I'm glad I could help in some way:grin: good to hear that it's better overall too. In the COS 5 system there is a table for IAT ajustment (A0014) It's a VE multiplier based on IAT, It works very well, can be fidley to populate but i've posted a spreadsheet that might help. Also it uses a commanded fuel vs RPM table (B3647). That magnacharger will be a good project to play with:rockon:

Your right, Learning is what we're doing. The more you play with EFILive the more you want to learn, VERY ADDICTIVE:)

Regards James.

drdarthinvader
November 21st, 2008, 01:48 AM
im still chipping away at the spark table with this tune have got the krs lower and increased performance and eco ,the iat temperatures are the main problem of the krs -also found spikes in the log some go down as low as -1.5* really weired happens very short .could this be the b1902 table or b6604 ??????

jfclubby
November 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hi mate, I am sorry for the late reply as i've been busy with work:)
What you are seeing is the timing being pulled on the command of a gear shift, In my tune i have B1902 set to zero across the board, I think that if what's in this table is more than your commanded spark advance when the timing is pulled for the shift it will go negative by the difference. I was seeing the same thing a while ago but seen as my auto is built it can handle full engine torque on the shift without having to stress about breakage i've zeroed it out. You would be able to do the same with your power levels.

Again i'm sorry for the late reply mate.

Regards James.

drdarthinvader
November 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM
hi i brought b1902 table all to 0 but sill getting timing spike during shifts???
also should dfco be enabled im running olsd???:doh2:

jfclubby
November 30th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Hi mate, it's actually B6603 and B6604 that is reducing timing for the traction controll.(my bad) but leave B1902 set to zero, try reducing B6603 & B6604 tables so that it's not pulling so much timing, values must not exceed the highest value in your main spark table. Enter these values into B6603 & B6604and you will have the exact curve that i'm running now. Also when TC is disabled you should'nt get the reduced timing spikes.

As for the DFCO I'm also running OLSD and have it enabled. It's all fuel saving really, IMO when DFCO is set up well it's more of a fuel saving than lean cruise will be:grin: I have found that playing with the MAP and RPM enable/disable, activate/deactivate settings you can get it working better.

Hope this is helping:cheers:

Regards James.