PDA

View Full Version : Strange log file problem

JoshH
November 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
I recently started having a problem since upgrading to the most up to date version of EFILive. I am having the problem with logs I make on the black box and on the desktop. I am attaching a couple of pics to show the problem. The logs may open fine or they may have this problem. It's kind of intermittent. I am running Vista on my laptop, but a friend of mine is running XP and he said he's having the same problem.

swingtan
November 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Josh,

This is the "screen full of notes" problem that has been seen a few times.

I can reproduce this at will by having a "VNC Viewer" window running when I open a new log file. VNC Viewer is a open-source remote desktop application and not part of EFILive. I can sometimes get the problem to occur with other applications as well and once it seemed to be related to having the Tune tool open in the background ( though I can't confirm this one ).

To enable you to open the log file cleanly, have a look at what other applications are running. Shut them down one at a time, attempting to open the log file after each one. Eventually you should get a clean opening of the file, then note which application was the one that you close last. It's possible that this was the one causing an issue.

Personally I think it's got something to do with how other applications and EFILive hook into certain video drivers. But the support guys will know a lot more about it than me......

Simon

JoshH
November 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the advice, Simon. I'll take a look at that next time I have the laptop out.

JoshH
November 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Well, curiosity got the best of me, and I had to go grab the laptop out of the truck. Looks like it was an Open Office process running in the background causing my problem. Thank you for the help.