PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live PID CMPRET reporting incorrectly

slow89irocz
November 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
0411 PCM. Got a constant code of P1345 (cam crank correlation error). PID for cmpret is reporting -45.xx degrees. Car starts and runs. Distriutor cant be out that much. Any ideas.... :shock:

slow89irocz
November 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Help.....EFI LIVE????:doh2:

Aloicious
November 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
0411 PCM. Got a constant code of P1345 (cam crank correlation error). PID for cmpret is reporting -45.xx degrees. Car starts and runs. Distriutor cant be out that much. Any ideas.... :shock:

it sure can, I had to pull and restab my dizzy last monday (long story) but after re-stabbing it, it would start and ran fairly well, the CMPRET was reading -24* or so, after adjusting I got it to +- 2* just fine. a VERY slight movement in the dizzy will make a fairly large adjustment on the CMPRET. 45* is a bit but you MAY also have the dizzy 1 tooth off, which would (I think) cause a larger CMPRET offset.

just unloosen the dizzy bolt a little and adjust it, CCW to go positive CW to go negative, rev past 1k in between adjusting to re-calculate the CMPRET. if you can't get it in the +- 2* range I'd try re-stabbing it one tooth over to see if it's closer.

edit- not sure what vehicle/engine you're checking, but mine is a '96 C1500 5.7L vortec L31 in the sig.