PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for 97 vortec to 02 0411

redhotrod
November 3rd, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi guys, I just bought a 1997 chevy pickup 4x4 that had a blown up 305 in it. I pulled that out and installed a 350 with all the vortec components along with a better camshaft and shorty headers.
Now I want to tune it in and I keep hearing the best way to go is to just upgrade my ecm with a 0411 2002 van ecm. Does it matter which 0411 ecm I get? can it be out of another silverado of 2002 or something else with a V8? And I am not sure who to ask anymore about the wiring on the 97 to newer wiring. Thanks for helping me out.

Lextech
November 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hey Red,

P.M. (Private Message) me your E-mail address and I will send you the Wiring File. Welcome to the forum.

Jeff

redhotrod
November 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
pm sent, thank you for the welcoming!

Aloicious
November 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi guys, I just bought a 1997 chevy pickup 4x4 that had a blown up 305 in it. I pulled that out and installed a 350 with all the vortec components along with a better camshaft and shorty headers.
Now I want to tune it in and I keep hearing the best way to go is to just upgrade my ecm with a 0411 2002 van ecm. Does it matter which 0411 ecm I get? can it be out of another silverado of 2002 or something else with a V8? And I am not sure who to ask anymore about the wiring on the 97 to newer wiring. Thanks for helping me out.

if you're going to be tuning the PCM, it can come out of anything too, I believe mine is out of a Camaro. you'll just want to make sure it is flashed with the correct OS setup and calibrations for your setup before running the vehicle.

411 is a great upgrade, and Jeff's spreadsheet is great. that sheet and various people like jeff were a big help when I did the swap. let us know how it goes, and welcome.

redhotrod
November 13th, 2008, 06:15 AM
For the programmer I need, It looks like I need the EFIlive V2 with the scan and tune for $799 right? or is it possible to program with the scanner only for $399?

ScarabEpic22
November 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
You need the full V2 Scan & Tune to actually tune your truck, V2 Scan ONLY is called that for a reason lol, you cant flash tunes just log your ride and read tunes.

Aloicious
November 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
You need the full V2 Scan & Tune to actually tune your truck, V2 Scan ONLY is called that for a reason lol, you cant flash tunes just log your ride and read tunes.

for a 411 you can tune with V1 too. I have V1 commercial which works just fine (scan and tune). V2 has some extra features like more inputs for external sensors, but the V1 supports everything I need and has worked great. if you're worried about the price, you might want to search around and find a V1, I got mine from Justin at blackbear performance who is an authorized efilive reseller, significantly less than the V2 scan and tune.

ScarabEpic22
November 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
for a 411 you can tune with V1 too. I have V1 commercial which works just fine (scan and tune). V2 has some extra features like more inputs for external sensors, but the V1 supports everything I need and has worked great. if you're worried about the price, you might want to search around and find a V1, I got mine from Justin at blackbear performance who is an authorized efilive reseller, significantly less than the V2 scan and tune.

Good point, my mistake for not being clearer. He asked between a V2 Scan or a V2 Scan & Tune so I said Scan & Tune is needed. You could buy a V1 Commercial as well, just not all the features of a V2.:angel_innocent:

redhotrod
November 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
So if I buy a 0411 out of anything other than a 01/02 express van, how do I get a vin flash on it to work with my drivetrain? Will flashscan 1 do this? If not, roughly how much will that cost the average guy?
Also, Is the computer vin flashed to my actual trucks vin, or to a vehicle out there somewhere similar with a close driveline.
And 1 more question, can V1 read the vortecs cmp retard? My dizzy I believe is on the edge of being right since I installed the new engine.(MIL goes on and off because of lean banks,P0173-P0177, sometimes stalls at stoplights)

scuzz
November 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Here's the list. Check Delco link.
http://198.208.187.182/internet/VehiclePartFits.jsp?autosel=A&part=12200411
Once you re-flash, your vin changes to what you flash with.

redhotrod
November 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
So all I need to reflash to is a vin "R"? not the full long vin number. "R" is what designates my original 1997 4x4 L31 350ci pickup, What program do I use to flash with?

ScarabEpic22
November 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
You use EFILive V7.5 to reflash in the proper operating system and VIN (whatever VIN you want, doesnt really matter). A FlashScan V1 is able to read all 99+ LSx calibrations (since you're converting a 97 Im not sure but it should as IIRC the Express Vans have a dizzy).

Basically you need to:
1) Buy a 99+ LS1 PCM and perform the wiring swap to install it in your truck.
2) Buy FlashScan V1 Commercial (personal will NOT work) or FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune.
3) Read the stock tune from whatever PCM you get and save, then download the OS 12212156 for a (Stock 99 Camaro auto tune migrated to 2002 OS (http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/TuneFileRepository/Modified/Chevrolet/00000019.tun). Might want to look at a stock Express Van tune to get the tables close before you fire it up and AutoVE it.
4) Full-flash the new OS into your 99+ PCM then program the calibrations again. From here on out you only need to do cal flashes.
5) Use a WBO2 and get your VE and spark tables setup!

Thats not exactly everything but its pretty close.