PDA

View Full Version : Overly agressive knock sensors on stock 06' CTS-V

JR_VETTE
November 3rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I finally got a chance to scan my stock LS2 CTS-V to see what's what. The first thing I noticed is a fair amount of KR (usually around 4-6 degrees) in the 1800-2500 RPM range at part throttle (mostly in the 30-55% TP range). At WOT, it's fine at all RPM's. I read some forums where people are saying the 06/07 LS2's had revised knock sensors that are more sensitive. Before I start making any changes, I wanted to get the general consensus here, and what if anything I should look at first. Just in case it was the issue, I pulled all the plugs, and swapped them out with NGK's which didn't help or hurt the issue.

I have another scan at 55% throttle that does the exact same thing as the screen shot below in the same RPM range. It seems that everything above 55% and 2500 RPM is fine.

Any thoughts? Excuse the missing PID's below. I just rebuilt my laptop and haven't had a chance to resetup everything.

http://vette.tnreeds.com/scan.jpg

hymey
November 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM
They are sensitive but at the same time they tend to have to much timing in lower areas especially on the 6L.