PDA

View Full Version : cable will not connect.

biglope
November 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have the V1 and I tried to scan my car but it keeps saying that no cable connected. I did the test with obdII port plugged in but not the usb and the lights lighted up. I have installed all updates.

Could the problem be because there is a Hptuners tune on my car with a 3 bar OS. Or is there a different problem that I should be looking into. It will not let me do anything in the tuner also!

I am trying to find someone to change my PCM back to a stock tune so I can finally use this.

Tordne
November 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Have a look at this section of the website to determine the driver version: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95&Itemid=114#Drivers

If the device is not shown under Universal Serial Bus controllers then either the drivers are not loaded or there is a problem recognizing the FlashScan. In this case does it show under Unknown devices?

Once you resolve the connection issues you should be able to Flashback to stock yourself (assuming you have the Commercial and not Personal version).

biglope
November 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
thank you, I will check those things and let you know what I find.

biglope
November 4th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Ok I have determined that it is not under the bus contolers but is under the unknown devices, and it does say that there are no drivers found. What is the easiest way to get the right driver

biglope
November 4th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Nevermind, I went to the download section and got the usb flashscan driver, an downloaded an updated the driver I think all should be good now. Thanks Tordne

Tordne
November 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Good news. The drivers are under the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers' folder when the software is install BTW.

jeff keyuk
November 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Is everythink ok ! I had trouble like that, with my v2

biglope
November 6th, 2008, 06:11 AM
yup everthing is ok, the USB driver was not installed correctly. Got different issuses now, that have to do with a previous tune....