PDA

View Full Version : Additional PID definition ?

gmh308
November 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Is it possible for an EFIlive user to define GM PIDs that are not listed in the current PID list?

i.e. transmission PID's such as TCC pressure & Transmission Fluid Temperature - Substrate: TFTS (vs TFT).

Cheers.

Josh61513
November 5th, 2008, 03:41 AM
On a somewhat related note, (hopefully not a threadjack!) is there an ETA for additional A6 parameters to be released? The EFILive competitor has released many more tables for the A6 transmissions which would be very beneficial (see attachment) for EFILive users as well.

I don't mean to complain, as I know the EFILive staff is very busy and doing great things for this market. If EFILive doesn't plan to add these tables I will purchase HPT for transmission tuning.

Blacky
November 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Is it possible for an EFIlive user to define GM PIDs that are not listed in the current PID list?

i.e. transmission PID's such as TCC pressure & Transmission Fluid Temperature - Substrate: TFTS (vs TFT).

Cheers.

Yes, if you know the PID number and the scaling for the PID. You can just add them to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt file.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
On a somewhat related note, (hopefully not a threadjack!) is there an ETA for additional A6 parameters to be released? The EFILive competitor has released many more tables for the A6 transmissions which would be very beneficial (see attachment) for EFILive users as well.

I don't mean to complain, as I know the EFILive staff is very busy and doing great things for this market. If EFILive doesn't plan to add these tables I will purchase HPT for transmission tuning.

Which parameters exactly are not available in EFILive? Sometimes the same parameters are called different things in EFILive. If you provide a list of which parameters you think should be in EFILive we can tell you if they are there and just called something else, or we can add them in for the next release.

In future dont wait, hoping we will put parameters in, the sooner you ask for them the quicker we will add them in. :cheers:

Regards
Paul

gmh308
November 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, if you know the PID number and the scaling for the PID. You can just add them to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt file.

Regards
Paul

Thankyou Paul. I cant find a GM PID section in sae_generic.txt. Only SAE defined generic PID's etc.

Ta.

Josh61513
November 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Which parameters exactly are not available in EFILive? Sometimes the same parameters are called different things in EFILive. If you provide a list of which parameters you think should be in EFILive we can tell you if they are there and just called something else, or we can add them in for the next release.

In future dont wait, hoping we will put parameters in, the sooner you ask for them the quicker we will add them in. :cheers:

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

This goes through what the competition offers: http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTuners/Live%20Screen%20Recordings/A6walkthroughnewparameters/A6walkthroughnewparameters.swf

They have since added more parameters to torque management as well, currently in beta (see attachment).

I am particularly interested in being able to modify downshift calibrations, from braking to WOT. These include most items under their "shift properties" tab. Also interested in better control of torque management, beyond simply on/off.

Is there a way to log downshifts? I see PIDs for Last (1->2, 2->3, 3->4), but 4->5, and 5->6 still seem to be missing for the 6 speed boxes, as well as a way to log any downshifts. "last shift time" doesn't seem to monitor downshifts.

These 6 speed boxes seem to use some incredibly complex logic! There is some great discussion going here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18378&highlight=walkthrough. It's no longer simply a matter of selecting your speed and shift time for each shift as it was for the 4 speeds!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Blacky
November 7th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thankyou Paul. I cant find a GM PID section in sae_generic.txt. Only SAE defined generic PID's etc.

Ta.

Just add them to the end of the SAE section. See attached image.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 7th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Hi Paul,
I am particularly interested in being able to modify downshift calibrations, from braking to WOT. These include most items under their "shift properties" tab. Also interested in better control of torque management, beyond simply on/off.

Is there a way to log downshifts? I see PIDs for Last (1->2, 2->3, 3->4), but 4->5, and 5->6 still seem to be missing for the 6 speed boxes, as well as a way to log any downshifts. "last shift time" doesn't seem to monitor downshifts.

These 6 speed boxes seem to use some incredibly complex logic!

Yes, they are complex. I've asked Ross to take a look. He can add in anything that needs adding. But that won't happen until later next week wehn we get back from SEMA.

Regards
Paul

gmh308
November 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Just add them to the end of the SAE section. See attached image.

Regards
Paul

Thankyou. Now just need to find the PID number associated with the PID name. Would I be right in assuming all the GM PIDs that already appear in the Scantool PID list are associated with the VIN/ECM type and are embedded in gm_enhanced.prn?

Cheers.

gmh308
November 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Regards
Paul

Also please: Parameters such as TUTD Options: Disabled/Enabled, Direct/Serial, Range Select Enabled/Disabled, Active Range. Ability to select function of each of the forward 4 manual shift positions.

And TCC PWM/Pressure/Torque Parameters.

Would guess you got plenty of very market relevant feedback at SEMA. :grin:

Cheerz.

Blacky
November 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thankyou. Now just need to find the PID number associated with the PID name. Would I be right in assuming all the GM PIDs that already appear in the Scantool PID list are associated with the VIN/ECM type and are embedded in gm_enhanced.prn?

Cheers.

Yes they are in gm_enhanced.prn, but the enhanced scan tool data is restricted by the manufacturer and we are not allowed to disseminate that info. But if you have another source for that info then you can fairly easily add your own PIDs.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 7th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Can you resend this to my email: paul@efilive.com that way it will get into the development cycle.

Regards
Paul

Also please: Parameters such as TUTD Options: Disabled/Enabled, Direct/Serial, Range Select Enabled/Disabled, Active Range. Ability to select function of each of the forward 4 manual shift positions.

And TCC PWM/Pressure/Torque Parameters.

Would guess you got plenty of very market relevant feedback at SEMA. :grin:

Cheerz.

GMPX
November 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM
The T43 controller was designed by aliens, no human could possibly design code so complex!

We have not been flooded with requests for greater tuning controls on the T43, in fact the opposite, however, I am aware that HPT released an update that contains some tables that has sparked some interest of what some further control might allow.

I will be back on the T43 soon because there is still some unsupported 2009 model TCM's we need to finish off.

Cheers,
Ross

Josh61513
November 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Surely an alien, or least an engineer with a healthy budget!

Just what I was hoping to hear, Ross. Any idea if "soon" means a week, a month, or ? If you want to release the new tables via beta I would be happy to test. We have two T43s (FWD Saturn Aura 6T70, and RWD Yukon Denali 6L80).

Thanks for the continued support, EFI crew.

Josh

PSWired
November 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
Just chiming in to let you guys know there is definitely interest in T43 support. For me, 2009 OS support is the #1 request, followed by the ability to define the forward range select actions. Thanks!

gmh308
November 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
The T43 controller was designed by aliens, no human could possibly design code so complex......

Cheers,
Ross

Aliens and quantum physics?

Sounds like GM found that mathematically modelling what was once the domain of lots of little pistons, springs, the valve body, a stack of check valves and oil to operate a simple set of clutches in an average way aint that easy after all :grin:. An impressive result really.

Alex(AUS)
November 23rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
I for 1 have been requesting A6 support (like HPTuners) for quite a while ... I also know of 3 other Efilive users that are in the same boat ... Can we at least get an ETA on the updates?

Thanks,

Alex

Blacky
November 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I for 1 have been requesting A6 support (like HPTuners) for quite a while ... I also know of 3 other Efilive users that are in the same boat ... Can we at least get an ETA on the updates?

Thanks,

Alex

Do you mean extra tables for tuning/calibrating or do you mean extra PIDs for data logging?

Regards
Paul

Alex(AUS)
November 24th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Do you mean extra tables for tuning/calibrating or do you mean extra PIDs for data logging?

Regards
Paul

Both.

Alex

Blacky
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Updated/additional PIDs should be available in the next release, before Christmas. Updated tables will probably not be available before Christmas.

Regards
Paul

PSWired
November 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Another item for the wish list: the ability to modify torque management tables (more than just the on/off that exists now).

Is there an ETA for 2009 T43 OS support?

vetteboy2k
November 28th, 2008, 04:42 AM
One addition to tables, would be under torque management the Stall Torque Management Parameters as shown on one of the previous screen shots. I don't believe we have access to that.

gmh308
November 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Updated/additional PIDs should be available in the next release, before Christmas. Updated tables will probably not be available before Christmas.

Regards
Paul

Cool !!!!:grin:

vetteboy2k
November 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Another addition to tables that seem to make a difference is Discrete Shift Torque and Torque Management factor tables... HP calls it Shift Torque Factor.

Josh61513
January 5th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Any updates here guys?

Blacky
January 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Any updates here guys?

An update is due out today but will not include any new T42/T43 PIDs.

The next update in about 1 week, includes about 10 new T42 PIDs and about 20 new T43 PIDs.

Regards
Paul

gmh308
January 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM

The next update in about 1 week, includes about 10 new T42 PIDs and about 20 new T43 PIDs.

Regards
Paul

Wahoo! Great news! :cucumber: Thankyou!

Josh61513
January 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Regards
Paul

Great news, Paul! And thanks for the update.

Will this include tables that relate to these PIDs?

Thanks,
-Josh

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Well, while it's not the bulk of my business, just like the old 4L60e, the 6L80/90 units are starting to find themselves into different platforms where they are not native.

I would imagine that there's tons of set up type parameters which would be specific to the application that would be very hand to mess with for trans swaps.

Here's my vote. Yes, I would also like to have more tuning options and naturally, more T43 pids as well.....

Chuck CoW

Blacky
January 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Great news, Paul! And thanks for the update.

Will this include tables that relate to these PIDs?

Thanks,
-Josh

There are some trans tables (for the T42) that have been added/modified in the update later today. Not sure what the changes are though.

The trans PIDs will be included in next week's update.

Regards
Paul

gmh308
January 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
There are some trans tables (for the T42) that have been added/modified in the update later today. Not sure what the changes are though.

The trans PIDs will be included in next week's update.

Regards
Paul

Impressive set of additions to the T42 today: THANKYOU! Now for the T43....:grin:

Blacky
January 8th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Impressive set of additions to the T42 today: THANKYOU! Now for the T43....:grin:

Thank Ross (aka GMPX) not me. Ross does all the hard work on the calibrations.

Regards
Paul

gmh308
January 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Thank Ross (aka GMPX) not me. Ross does all the hard work on the calibrations.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Ross!

Does that mean you have the "easy" role Paul? :grin: (yeah really!)

Cheers and have a good weekend ! :cheers:

Blacky
January 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks Ross!

Does that mean you have the "easy" role Paul? :grin: (yeah really!)

Cheers and have a good weekend ! :cheers:

Yes, but don't tell Ross. :hihi:
Paul

gmh308
January 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Yes, but don't tell Ross. :hihi:
Paul

Ok....your secret is safe....:gossip:

Josh61513
January 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Now for the T43....:grin:
:exactly:what he said

CV8IIM6
January 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Now for the T43....:grin:

:exactly: what he said

Any update on when we might have greater control of torque management and shift time tables for Sport & TUTD mode?

Alex(AUS)
February 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Any update on when we might have greater control of torque management and shift time tables for Sport & TUTD mode?

Times 3 ... and any other tables for the T43 would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Josh61513
February 23rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Bueler? Bueler?

Anyone know why these are 7 weeks late? I don't desire to come across as rude, but if EFI live doesn't plan to fully support the 6 speed boxes I will need to purchase HPT.

Blacky
February 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Yes, I know why they are late. :shock:

The PID definitions must fit into a 64K memory block (due to the architecture in the FlashScan firmware). Adding in new PID definitions caused the *.pmm files to go over that limit.

The *.pmm files had to be completely redesigned and the FlashScan firmware updated to work with smaller, more efficient PID definitions.

In all, it has been a very worthwhile update and fixed a number of issues that in the future would have become larger problems. I'm very happy they are now dealt with and they won't impact on future deployments.

Anyway the upshot is the new PIDs will be available as part of the standalone reading/flashing beta release which I am planning to get underway at end of Feb. (not long to go now).

You'll need to join the beta group to participate - I will be posting up a new beta forum before the end of Feb.

Regards
Paul

Alex(AUS)
February 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, I know why they are late. :shock:

The PID definitions must fit into a 64K memory block (due to the architecture in the FlashScan firmware). Adding in new PID definitions caused the *.pmm files to go over that limit.

The *.pmm files had to be completely redesigned and the FlashScan firmware updated to work with smaller, more efficient PID definitions.

In all, it has been a very worthwhile update and fixed a number of issues that in the future would have become larger problems. I'm very happy they are now dealt with and they won't impact on future deployments.

Anyway the upshot is the new PIDs will be available as part of the standalone reading/flashing beta release which I am planning to get underway at end of Feb. (not long to go now).

You'll need to join the beta group to participate - I will be posting up a new beta forum before the end of Feb.

Regards
Paul

Any ETA on additional tables? It really has been a long long while since HPT released them ...

Alex

gmh308
February 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Bueler? Bueler?

Anyone know why these are 7 weeks late? I don't desire to come across as rude, but if EFI live doesn't plan to fully support the 6 speed boxes I will need to purchase HPT.

Rooney......It may come as a surprise, but EFILive already has many of "key" PID's for the A6. :)

And, well over 100 of the most commonly needed tables, and by a long way the most comprehensive DTC/diagnostic access. And has had all this for some time now.........

:cheers:

Blacky
February 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Just for your interest, this is the list of new PIDs added for the T43 and Allison transmissions (many are the same). These PIDs will be available via black box logging on FlashScan V2 as part of the beta release due out before end of Feb.

gmh308
February 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
Just for your interest, this is the list of new PIDs added for the T43 and Allison transmissions (many are the same). These PIDs will be available via black box logging on FlashScan V2 as part of the beta release due out before end of Feb.

Tremendous leap forward there team! From about 15 Trans PID's to over 150 PID's for T43 alone. This must be the most comprehensive list in the industry. By no small margin. Looks to be about 200 for the Alison, and some really deep views into shift adapts!

:grin:

Josh61513
February 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
And, well over 100 of the most commonly needed tables, and by a long way the most comprehensive DTC/diagnostic access. And has had all this for some time now.........

Can't disagree with you there.

Rooney......It may come as a surprise, but EFILive already has many of "key" PID's for the A6. :)

It sounds like it now will:cucumber:

Again, I didn't intend to come across as rude but Paul originally told us that these PIDs would be available before Christmas, tables not until after Christmas. Then in "one week" on Jan 5th. No problem, 'twas good to hear they were still working away at it.

Then no update nor information until yesterday...But it sounds like this will be a substantial update! Paul will this include tables too or just PIDs?

Chuck CoW
February 24th, 2009, 03:46 AM

Hey Paul.... How many of these new Pids will directly correlate to editable parameters in EFI LIVE?

Or in other words, do you have a list of new editable tables, constants, and flags we can modify?

Right now, you guys got the A6 working great with what we already have...but, the new trend seems to be retrofitting the A6 into stuff where it don't belong.

Kinda like the options matrix....different platforms seem to have very different configuration for this trans and I believe it would be most helpful to be able to turn on and off options and setup features to configure this trans to work in transplants.

Not sure what's behind the scenes in the engine cals, but I'm sure there's stuff there we'll need as well....

How does the future look with this stuff?
Chuck CoW

gmh308
February 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Can't disagree with you there.

It sounds like it now will:cucumber:

Again, I didn't intend to come across as rude but Paul originally told us that these PIDs would be available before Christmas, tables not until after Christmas. Then in "one week" on Jan 5th. No problem, 'twas good to hear they were still working away at it.

Then no update nor information until yesterday...But it sounds like this will be a substantial update! Paul will this include tables too or just PIDs?

That's the world of software for you. :). Microsoft as an example. :)

ScarabEpic22
February 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Im with Chuck CoW on this one, the A6 needs to be stuffed into things it doesnt belong in! Like for example a 07-09 TrailBlazer SS maybe? I would kill to have a 6spd in that, TUTD would be a plus but just get it working first would be amazing. I know Im not alone in this dream either, since the TBSS was released people have been pondering how to swap the 6L90E into it.

But good work on the new PIDs, looks like it'll help out a TON!