PDA

View Full Version : Supported Parameters?

jtaylor111
November 5th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I recently updated. Now I dont have hardly any supported parameters.

joecar
November 5th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Did you validate pids...?

jtaylor111
November 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah. I was trying to use the same ones I was before. There is like 12 or so it's saying is supported.

joecar
November 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
JT,

I take it you updated to Build 73...

I pm'd tech support... they are at SEMA, so it may take a couple of days.

What happens when you uncheck the Supported box...?

jtaylor111
November 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
When I unckeck they are marked with a red X. And when I load a old dashboard and right check on the guage I have used before(example speed sensor). It say "not currently valid" in the parameter box.

jtaylor111
November 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
And it was to the 72 build. Thanks for the replay.

jtaylor111
November 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Never mind about that last post. I just reread it " Update: Build 73".

joecar
November 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Check that it works with B73.

jtaylor111
November 6th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled EFILive V7.5.5 Build 72 & EFILive V8.1.2 Build 42. Still the same issuse. There is only 20 supported PIDs.

Blacky
November 6th, 2008, 06:57 PM
The supported PIDs are "decided" by the currently loaded VIN (shown in the status bar at the bottom of the scan tool window). Once EFILive has a VIN (either from a connected vehicle or from you entering the VIN yourself), the software will look for a *.vpl file with a name that matches the VIN. If it finds a matching VIN file then it will load the PIDs listed in that *.vpl file.

So, check out what *.vpl files have been created in the \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDS folder. Make sure you enter a VIN that matches one of those file names in the menu option File->Enter VIN.

If there are no *.vpl files in that folder then you can copy back the ones you saved before updating. If you didn't save any dont worry, the *.vpl files are created whenever you connect to a vehicle and select the validate PIDs option.

Regards
Paul

jtaylor111
November 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I put in my VIN and that what I got. I will try a few other things.

Blacky
November 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I put in my VIN and that what I got. I will try a few other things.

You can put in a VIN but if there is no matching *.vpl file then entering the VIN won't help. You need to connect to the vehicle (with that VIN) and "Validate PIDs" to create the *.vpl file. From then on, once you enter the VIN (or connect to that vehicle again) the pids are validated from the *.vpl file instead of having to re-validate the PIDs each time you connect.

Regards
Paul