PDA

View Full Version : Need immediate help! Please!

November 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I just got a new laptop and installed efilive
I then uploaded my cars tune, which worked, but now the car is completly dead, and I cant download a new tune because it can't get a response from the ecm!
help
Vinny

nevinsb
November 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Let's back up here and try to get some more information about what happened.

Which model of the flash scan are you using?
What is the software version of efilive on the laptop?
What is the version of software on the flashscan (Bootloader/FW)?

What model vehicle are we dealing with?
What PCM?
What OS?

What error messages are displayed when the EFILIVE software can not communicate with the PCM?

I am assuming you made a copy of the cars stock tune, then what did you do?

What exactly do you mean "The car is completely dead?"

SSpdDmon
November 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Were you doing a full flash or just a cal write? Did you try disconnecting the battery for 15~20 mins?

November 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
EFI LIVE Tuning software 7.5.5
I'm using a V2 ver 2.05.19

Its an LS2GTO

November 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Were you doing a full flash or just a cal write? Did you try disconnecting the battery for 15~20 mins?

I did a 'read calibration from PCM'

I'll go uplpug the battery now, I suppose it can't hurt.

When I turn the key on, the lights and radio turn on, but I get every error code possible on my dash, and nothing happens when I try to crank the car over.

November 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
sory for the short messages, but I'm pissed, because I'm supposed to be on my way to the dyno right now.

swingtan
November 5th, 2008, 09:33 AM
First point I'd look at is updating the firmware to the latest version, which would be...

Boot Block: 2_06_02
Firmware: 2_06_05

The latest versions are on the EFILive download Page (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124)

Another thing to look at is the ODB-II connection between the car and the V2 unit. Later model controllers can get very upset if the V2 has a bad connection. Resetting the ECM should help here.

If all you did was read the tune out, there should be little chance of causing a serious problem.

Simon.

November 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I just updated the firmware, but still no communication to the ecm!!!!!!!!:doh2:

November 5th, 2008, 10:22 AM
unplugged the battery, and its back-up and running!
thanks for the suggestion speed demon!

joecar
November 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
So you didn't flash the PCM, you only read it, and this all happened...?

jeff keyuk
November 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Would you by chance running on vista laptop.

November 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Would you by chance running on vista laptop.

yeah the new one has Vista.

Thanks again for everyones help :cheers:, I was certainly scared that I fried the ECM. :angel_innocent:
I updated the FS firmware, and tried it tonight, and it all seems to be working again, I can read and write to the ecm now.
This board is a life-saver!!!

November 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
So you didn't flash the PCM, you only read it, and this all happened...?

yup, only read it.

SSpdDmon
November 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
unplugged the battery, and its back-up and running!
thanks for the suggestion speed demon!
Any time... :)

ntae
November 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Have had the same problem with the E40 ECM with the key off for 10/15 minutes you can do a full flash and your back up and running

jeff keyuk
November 6th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Hi 860! Jeff !The reason i ask if you have vista, i heard there was some trouble running visa with efi. If everything is ok ,that's great.

nevinsb
December 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I just did a cal flash only on my truck, and it said "Bootloader Rejected." After this happened, the security light on the dash was on. I had to flash it without the "high speed" option in order to get it going again.