PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from V1 to V2?

PRAY
November 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
When I upgrade do I have to run the hand held part of the V2? I would much rather just run Scan and Tune off my laptop like I do with my V1.

nevinsb
November 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
You can use the V2 as a passthrough device for the laptop, or use the standalone functionality of the V2.

PRAY
November 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
So I can't bypass it straight to the lap top. It just seems like another step with alot of wires in side the car. Thanks.

Brett

nevinsb
November 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
From the laptop, there is a USB cable which goes to the V2. From the V2, there is a OBDII cable which goes to the car. I would not consider this a lot of wires (unless you are running extra analog/digital input).

ScarabEpic22
November 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Its just like your old V1, must be connected: car->V2(->laptop, if doing pass thru logging). No way to go car to laptop.

PRAY
November 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I got it guys, my brain has returned to me. I was having a moment of stupidity. I just saw a guy using the V2 the other day and he was connecting and disconnecting wires all over the place. The only thing I am going to hook up to it is my WB. I was just thinking that I never have to disconnect any thing on the V1. Plug and play.