PDA

View Full Version : new cam and 42 lb injectors.

chris10an
November 6th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hi. I have changed to 42 lb injectors and a new cam in a 5,7 ls1 engine. what must i change in the ecudata with Efi live.
Hope someone can help me, or is it wery andvanced?
Reg Chris.
Ecu is truck 2003.

Aint Skeered
November 10th, 2008, 02:24 AM
you must rescale your injector flow rate for the 42's.
what year car do you have?
You may need to raise the idle a little to about 850 depending on the size cam.

First thing is to give as much info on here as you can and then you would get more help. i will post my tune for you to use as a guide but i would not load it into your car.

You can look at my timing and copy it to get you started, mine is on the low side so you should be ok but check for knock with it. This is from a 6.0 so again do not load it just look at timing, injector flow rate as I have 42's also (green top ford motor sports )

SOMhaveit
November 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Other than IFR, how did you arrive at pulse width adjustment and the other injector data?

ItzNota
November 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hi. I have changed to 42 lb injectors and a new cam in a 5,7 ls1 engine. what must i change in the ecudata with Efi live.
Hope someone can help me, or is it wery andvanced?
Reg Chris.
Ecu is truck 2003.

ummm....start here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7866

Aint Skeered
November 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Other than IFR, how did you arrive at pulse width adjustment and the other injector data?

You should not have to mess with pulse width. I fooled with my voltage to try to straighten out my fuel trims . they were out just a little

SOMhaveit
November 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
My values for injector pulse width are different from yours.

SOMhaveit
November 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I had to adjust the pulse width to get my car to run right at idle. I have the Ford pulse width specs and and used a table someone else had interpolated that's pretty close.