PDA

View Full Version : Need help upgrading from V1 to V2 (error when upgrading)

tunedportcj5
November 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
So I finally purchased a V2 to upgrade from my V1. My V1 has a commercial scan and tune license and my new V2 is in upgrade mode when plugged in.

On my laptop with v.7.5.5 already installed - I connected both the V1 and V2 and attempted the upgrade... Help ---> Flashscan V2 upgrade from the file menu. When attempting to "Show Existing Licenses" to compare the two, I get an error "Please connect both Flashscan V1 and Flashscan V2 interfaces and then try again". Well I have done that a million times, completely removed and reinstalled v7.5.5, removed and reinstalled the USB drivers. I have even installed 7.5.5 and the USB drivers on a PC I have never had EFI installed on... same issue.

Both devices connect fine, I am able to view the licenses on each device - only when plugged in individually. It seems to be a problem when they are both plugged in.

Any thoughts? My laptop is XP Pro (what I use for all of my tuning) and my desktop in Vista... same results on both machines.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!
-David

Ira
November 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Paul says that it is imperative that you upgrade to the newest version of the software (V7.5.5 Build 73) and the hardware won't upgrade until you upgrade the software.

In order to upgrade the software you need to click: start/all programs/EFILive/V7.5/tools/Check for new update.

Ira

tunedportcj5
November 8th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Thanks Ira - I had the leatest version installed but its amazing what an update will do! :hihi: It works now!! Thanks for your help!