PDA

View Full Version : problems registering

elitopus
November 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
So i have efilive v6 that i havent used in about 2 years or so. When i connect to the vehicle it asks for the registration info and it wont accept it when i put it in. I remember when i used it last there was i special way i had to enter the letters for the registration. Also once connected none of the gauges work. Does it ahve to be registered for that?

elitopus
November 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Nevermind i figured it out. The serial number had to have to extra 00 s in front of the #

joecar
November 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
elitopus, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Glad you got it.

If you want to run V7 software, you can get a registration key (free).

elitopus
November 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I could download the software at efilive.com ? Would they send me the new key with no problems? Also what is the difference between v6 and v7? Thanks

joecar
November 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Yes, you have to send your serial number and EFILive sends back the V7 registration key.

There are many differences between V6 and V7...
fixes,
improvements,
I don't remember...
does V6 even do BBL on the V1...?

Blacky
November 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I could download the software at efilive.com ? Would they send me the new key with no problems? Also what is the difference between v6 and v7? Thanks

Download and install V7.5.5 and V8.1.2 from here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124
After installing, make sure you select the start menu options:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for New Update.
and
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check for New Update.

Then send your FlashScan or AutoCal serial number and V5 or V6 EFILive registration key to me at paul@efilive.com and I will send you back a V7 Scan Tool registration.

Regards
Paul